Moderator-Avaya
Are you an Avaya Business Partner?

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

krazie Offline OP
OP Offline
JamesR I believe your vendor and my vendor are the same. wink

This is an upgrade issue only if you are an Avaya Business Partner. If you are an end user you need to contact your dealer, this is a warranty issue. They will handle the upgrade or replace your ACS at no cost.

If you bought gray market off the internet you need to contact whoever you bought it from. You got what you paid for.

At any rate, it's up to Mike if he wants to deal with you on this. What we don't want is this to turn into a "me too" thread. This is a dealer issue and unless you are an Avaya dealer a request for an upgrade flash card is beyond the scope of this forum.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
krazie Offline OP
OP Offline
well I am actually a BP .... and I've never had to go through this before.

It all goes back to where your customer obtained the R7. If you sold it to them there were ample warnings about the bugs it was infested with. Still, your supplier is the one to handle this.

If the customer purchased it themselves then I wouldn't have too much sympathy for their problem.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
In conjunction to what Hal has already said.

If you are an Authorized Avaya Business Partner call your supplier and they will give you instruction on how to obtain a eflash card and how to access the eflash website to get your downloads.
There are many uses for the flash card and many many downloads available on the eflash website. But you must be a Authorized Avaya Business Partner in order to have access.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
Believe it or not the files are now on the support web site. Avaya has sort-of done away with the EFlash and posted Bin Files of the upgrades for anyone to get.

From the Avaya Site

"NOTE: FlashTools Software

Effective 04/30/2007, the Avaya eFlash tools Web site has been discontinued. "BIN" files that were posted on eFlash Tools can now be found on the"......ect...

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Yup, eFlash is gone, but now you have to buy software from SmartMedia to program the flash cards.

krazie Offline OP
OP Offline
mdaniel, i have all the bin files ... i just need to get my equip vendor to give me some info on obtaining the cards/flashing software. Hal - they bought it from me .. else i wouldn't give two hoots about the state of the firmware.

Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
Getting the bin files is the easy part. The flashing software cost more than your ACS and the cards aren't cheap either.

I would forget about the bin files and put some pressure on your vendor

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,309
Posts638,906
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,036 Shoretel
190,243 CTX100 install
188,400 1a2 system
Newest Members
dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks
49,771 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 19
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 142 guests, and 130 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024