Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
I really don't see it as a processor issue with a Partner 11

have you tried swapping 206 cards ?

pulling all stations but one off ?

did I miss where this is a two cabinet system ?

if not then there is no "expansion processor" involved

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

I agree with locg
take a 18d and assign all extensions on the phone as a dss key.
make sure no one is on the phone. the red light dss is the winner or loser. chances are problem with the line cord or the wire run

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Skip, I just assumed that it is a 2-cabinet system since it's a II processor. (Note the spelling of asssumed) And DMCSALES has an entirely valid and good test idea. Wish I'd thought of it! Try it before you order that processor, but be sure the phone is plugged in at the cabinet. And try 2 different ports, it could be the wiring for the port you unplug to test at!
John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
I would say most partner 11 out there are single cabinet ,

just because it can be expanded doesn't mean it is

we still have a lot of partner 11's we service and only a couple are two cabinets

either way I don't see it as likely processor issue .

swapping 206 cards or is still to my way of thinking the quickest /easiest test

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
OP Offline
I'm sorry, I got it wrong-- the processor is an ACS, the 400E is a II-- Here is my exact configuration:

5 slot carrier-- from left to right:
ACS 206E R4.1, Partner 206EC R4.1, ACS R3.0, Partner II 400E R3.1, Partner PMVS R5.0

Thanks for the feedback, I will try some of the suggestions above when the phones are unoccupied.

OP Offline
PROBLEM SOLVED!

It turned out an employee unknowing looped a wire from the router jack back through an extension jack, which was tripping the intermittent off-hook condition. Since there was no extension tied to the jack, no extension stood out from another so they all showed the same symptoms.

Thank you all for your help troubleshooting this problem.

And that is why most companies install phone jacks 1 color, data jacks another color. Of course, color blindnees or lack of knowledge regarding reason for color difference, are good excuses. But how big can the employee handbook be, and what makes one think that the new employee Really reads it. smile John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
And that's also why voice jacks should be 6 pin and only data 8 pin contrary to what the geeks and IT "professionals" want. Aside from the different colors (we make data orange) there is a visual size difference. Most people will relate that the smaller is for the phone, fax, etc.

In the least it will prevent someone from using a patch cord (which is the most likely to be available) in both jacks and help prevent a NIC from being damaged by ring voltage.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,307
Posts638,900
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,023 Shoretel
190,201 CTX100 install
188,382 1a2 system
Newest Members
dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks
49,771 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 19
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 85 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024