web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Currently have three Avaya #52001 30 Watt Page Horns connected with an RCA Jack to the voice coil circuit of the PagePac. Can I install a 70V horn on the 70V line output on the PagePac and run both types of horns simultaneously?

thanks,

Al :shrug:

"Let Everything Be Done Decently and In Order" 1 Corinthians 14:40
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Assuming I understand, correctly, that you have 3 each 30 watt horns connected to your PagePac 20, you have exceeded the rating of your PagePac by a factor of 4.5. In other words, you are tryng to drive 90 watts of load with a 20 watt source. The answer is not only no, but h-ll no. Is the audio the least bit intelligible ? If you really meant 3 3 watt horns, the answer is yes, as long as you don't try to load more than 11 watts onto the 70 volt tap. But, it's not a good idea, problems can arise when someone else works on the system, and they will, unless it's in your house! smile John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Ummm, haven't we already answered this question for you in your other thread?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Confusion maybe here? He's out the voice coil so he could plug what he has in if he removes the voice coil from the 70v 30 watt horn? Im not sure even if the horn rating would matter.

Now that you give the part number for the horns, those #52001's ARE 70 volt horns. Nothing like consulting the Avaya literature huh? So, they shouldn't be connected to the voice coil output anyway so move 'em over. Then go ahead and connect your 4th 70 volt horn. Just make sure that the setting on each DOESN'T add up to more than 20 watts.

Problem solved.

SS- something to remember about Page Pac voice coil speakers is that they are 45 ohms not the normal 8. So you can dump a lot of them across that probably 4 ohm output. Unfortunately, like I said in this guys other thread, they don't mention that and just give charts and tables so that the unskilled can deal with it.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Thanks Hal, my post was curious as in what the heck he was trying to do.. Never enough information I guess.

Like walking into a mix of 25 volt and 70 systems.
I'm sure we have seen this before.

So..... I was sorta right and sorta not, cause I 'ASS SUMED'. And then I can assume (there's that word again) that the 'voice coil' output is truly 25 volt line? And now some of the memory kicks in! And why did AT&T go with 25 Volt line, safer for the great unwashed than 70 volt line? smile John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Hey, General George Patton Lived in my town. We have a Sherman tank at the Park.

Well, I now live adjacent to Fort Bragg, home of the 82nd Airborne, and some other stuff we won't go into. But, most of all, I loved my Garand! Had to pawn it frown and by the time I had cash again, it would have cost $1500 to get it back and you can buy new ones for that. Needless to say, I don't have one now, but I'm hoping! PM me if anybody has 1 for sale CHEAP! John C.

I know the motor is good in the Tank. Maybe I can steal it for ya all. It just needs a jump start and fuel. I was saving the one round I left over for the police station across the street.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,624 Shoretel
189,515 CTX100 install
187,772 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 138 guests, and 337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024