Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#85080 05/31/07 01:55 AM
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
do you have any type of lightning protection in place ?

if so you need to bypass it

like VAD suggests , two SL sets right at the demark is where you need to start

(Ive also seen this problem on rel 6(3x8)could be two bad processors so try bypassing 1 on the processor and plug line one into two on processor and line two into three )

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

#85081 05/31/07 02:35 AM
grider Offline OP
OP Offline
Skip & Vad

I will try your suggestions and follow up later today. Thanks for the input.

#85082 05/31/07 10:44 AM
grider Offline OP
OP Offline
OK, the results are in. Sparky did it!

I felt the need to find out exactly where this problem was and what needed to be done in order to fix it. I put my glasses on and studied each connection one by one stating at the Dmark with line 1 that connects to 66 block jumpered to line 1 port of the ACS then I check line 2 and so on including extensions. All were fine but still a problem. I disconnected the entire system and even turned it off, connected buttset to line one at Dmark and an SLT to line 2, used cell phone to call line 2 while listening in on line 1 (buttset). Clean as a whistle. Darn, it is within system connections somewhere. Next step was to reconnect lines 1 & 2 and Ext 10. Went to Ext 10 and made a call using line 1 then used cell phone to dial line 2 and no problem. Followed suite by adding Ext 11..No problem.
Ext 12..No Problem
Ext 13..No Problem
Ext 14..Bingo, we have a problem.

To make a long story short (short is key word) I found that the problem existed on every extension either in place or directly connected to the processor port as long as Ext 14 was connected to its wall jack location even if you put a different telephone at Ext 14. I took Ext 14's wall jack apart and verified it to be properly wired. I then disconnected Ext 14 from the ACS and plugged in my banjo at Ext 14 wall plate, flipped switch to continuity. We have continuity between 3/4 and 3/5 which means the cable has been damaged somewhere along the run.

The cable installs were the job scope of the EC, all I had responsibility on this project for was terminations and system install. :read:

I went and got a foot of cable off the truck to use as a prop while explaining this to customer. When I departed the customer was going to come to a decision as what to do. We might try using green pair and brown pair for Ext 14 but as for now I'm done.

Thanks for the help everyone! :db:

#85083 05/31/07 02:09 PM
Good you got it figured out , John

stuff like that is what keeps it interesting :rolleyes:

(glad it turned out to be something you can bill for )

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
#85084 06/01/07 05:38 AM
grider Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by clightninghorse:
Every time we have had this problem, it was either the processor, 206 or 308. If you only have a 509 processor, I'd be willing to bet a Rolling Rock that it's the processor!(DUH, no kidding.) Usually it's the cicuit pack that has the offending c.o.'s. (Yeah, yeah, I know cheap beer, not much of a bet, but I happen to like RR, and I expect to win!) smile John C.
John C., I just noticed something. If we ever get together your buying me a Rolling Rock. :rofl:

#85085 06/01/07 01:54 PM
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Ah, but it WILL be worth it for the bit of info! Just wish all the 'helpees' would tell us what we told 'em that apparently fixed their problem instead of just going silent! I guess it has something to do with courtesy training when they were young! CHEERS, John. Hmmm, Jacksonville, where in the state of FL is it? F'ville is 50 miles north of the NC south border on I-95. smile John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
#85086 06/02/07 03:25 AM
grider Offline OP
OP Offline
John C. Thanks for the beer and the assistance efforts. I agree there are many posts that start with a question followed up with inputs from numerous knowledgeable field techs. I personally try to come back to a post I have started and post some sort of final results. That makes the thread more valuable for members using the "search" function.

Jacksonville is located on the east coast side of Florida just barely south of the Georgia state line. We are conveniently located at the intersection of I-95 & I-10.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,388 Shoretel
189,101 CTX100 install
187,416 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 111 guests, and 377 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024