Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#84272 04/05/07 06:16 AM
Radar Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm not sure of how the posting etiquette is here (revive old or start new) so I started this new one.

Any way I'm having issues remotely connecting to my new R6 processor and R7 mail system. I was told that I can configure the whole system from the LAN port, but I need to get in and give it an IP n such. I tried hyper-terminal but I just get a blank screen. I've tried all suggestions in this post and I still just get a blank screen, it says it's connected, but it's just blank and unresponsive to any key strokes.

I'm connecting like this...

COM1 - this guy - Cat5 Cable - Rs232 Port

I even tried the above route but connected to the LAN port as mdaniel suggested and I get the same thing.

Any other tips or suggestions?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
To connect to the LAN port you will need the admin software and a crossover cable. The Partner Messaging should have came with both.

The default IP of the mail should be 10.0.0.42 and you will need to change the IP of your PC to 10.0.0.43.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
I was told that I can configure the whole system from the LAN port...

If you mean the ACS also you have been told wrong.

The serial RS-232 port on the messaging system is what you want to connect to with Hyperterminal. Settings should be 19,200/8/N/1.

If that doesn't work get rid if "this guy" and buy a real 355A adapter.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Radar Offline OP
OP Offline
I don't think that adapter is gonna work.

I did get the lan w/ crossover to connect, but I'm not sure what the default user/pass is. You know what that is by chance?

I've searched that horrible .html documentation app that comes with that, but didn't see anything. I wish it was just a .pdf i could print.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
PM sent to Radar with default pass.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
You will have to log into the Messaging admin as mere mortals have to do without a PC and set up a password. That is what you will use. The user name that you will use with PC admin is in the docs, keep looking.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
I am having difficulty connecting to my ACS7... I need a bit more detail in connecting... what is the crossover cable? I have a blue cable I thought came with my Partner... 10pin to RJ45 - is that the crossover?

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Wookie - welcome to the board!

A rather old post to be tagging onto, usually better to start a new one.

Be that as it may, no cable came with your Partner. If you want to connect to the Admin port of your R7, you'll need an Avaya 355-A adapter, which ends in a 25-pin serial port connector, and a 25 to 9 pin adapter to fit the serial port of your PC. A regular Cat-5 patch cable will go between the R7's admin port and the 8-pin jack on the 355 adapter.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Or, plug an available extension port into your computers modem and dial *76 (provided you have a remote access/backup card.)

Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
*76 will not get you into the Voicemail modem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,615 Shoretel
189,507 CTX100 install
187,769 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (Yoda), 163 guests, and 353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024