Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#81749 11/06/06 07:30 AM
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
There is a user named "Merlinman" listed to Sundance. It may very be the same Merlinman from Tek-Tips.

I enjoy all of the forums I participate in and feel that they all do a good service to the industry no matter who frequents them.

I Love FEATURE 00
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

#81750 11/06/06 08:11 AM
I enjoy all of the forums I participate in and feel that they all do a good service to the industry no matter who frequents them.

Sorry but I don't agree with that. We frequently talk in this forum about harm to our industry from giving end users, trunk slammers and other non-professionals free and unlimited advice. It's bad enough that internet sales of gray market equipment is putting small companies like myself out of business. We also face serious competition from GCs and IT people. It's adding insult to injury when those people come to us and expect us tell them how to install and program what they bought.

On this board we have a policy of limiting the information given unless the advice is going to a fellow technician. Other boards such as Tec-Tips don't follow that policy.

Dexman, I notice that according to your profile you are a CO tech. Nothing wrong with that but I suggest that if you were in this business for yourself trying to make a living your viewpoint might be a little different.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
#81751 11/06/06 09:10 AM
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Tek-Tips does have similar guidelines as those on this board, especially the "Do not post any backdoor passwords" rule. The rules may or may not be as strict as those found here, but there are rules that need to be followed over there.

It is true Hal, I am not a CPE vendor, never tried to pass myself off as one, and would direct anyone asking me to install a Partner ACS system to come here to look for a member in the Boston area or look in the Yellow Pages for a vendor.

The point I was trying to make is that Sundance, Tek-Tips and other similar sites all provide legit advice.

I Love FEATURE 00
#81752 11/06/06 10:21 AM
Tek-Tips does have similar guidelines as those on this board, especially the "Do not post any backdoor passwords"

I don't see any guidelines, just some CEO guy who moderates the whole place. After I complained several times about backdoor passwords being given out I noticed they started being deleted. Guess they got the message.

As for the quality of advice, Tek-Tips is computer centric and a large portion of members are of the CG/IT persuasion. So that's who most of the quuestions and information comes from. I know there are some members that have a telecom background, notably Tommy, you and some others. I was a member also until the CEO emailed me and told me I was too negative, so you can see what they are looking for.

It's worth saying again- this board is the closest thing we have to a trade organization. If we don't look out for our interests nobody else will. If you are a member of this trade you owe it to yourself to be a member here.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,338
Posts639,056
Members49,785
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,704 Shoretel
191,037 CTX100 install
189,470 1a2 system
Newest Members
gianluca, Micheal C, etel, AVO-IT, wierderal
49,785 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Yoda 14
Rupert 11
tim10 10
dexman 5
Toner 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 143 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024