web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Oops you are right. The difference is that the "A" is discontinued but that's it. I didn't look down far enough, either can be used with a station port also.

Another thought and question after seeing that. What doorphone are you using? Viking used to make a rebranded E20 for Lucent, that was one of the Partner doorphones. Looks like all Viking doorphones are similar except for the packaging. You can connect it directly to a Partner port and program it for a doorphone. No need for that controller at all. Give that a shot.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

OP Offline
Hal, yeah I did try it as just a station port and no-go, I got it to work on a CO line, so far. It's a Viking Luuds door speaker with the controller, and when it comes down to it Bogen makes alot of stuff for.......viking.

It's a Viking Luuds door speaker

Don't know what that is. If you scroll down to section "H" (using a station port) of that .pdf they show an analog phone in addition to a number of Viking doorphones able to be used. All those doorphones work like analog phones and should work when connected to a Partner doorphone port directly. (It was the E30 that was sold by Lucent as a Partner doorphone.)

Take a look inside the doorphone that you have. There are some that are only a speaker, no circuitry. That won't work with that controller either.

I see that they also have the W-1000 series doorphones. Unlike the E30 types, these have 4 wires, T/R and power. They show these as being used with the controller when the controller is connected to a CO port.

Does that mean that you must use a W-1000 series when connecting to a CO port and an E30 series when connecting to a station port??

Dunno but I would call their tech support and ask.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,384 Shoretel
189,092 CTX100 install
187,414 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 131 guests, and 360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024