Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#76698 10/14/05 09:10 AM
OP Offline
I have a Lucent Phone system that we were using at a home office. Then we moved into an office and installed the same system but had it reprogramed. at the old office after 2 rings caller id came up. Now at the new office after 2 rings all it says is VMS. How do i get it to bring up caller id again? All lines we have have caller id turned on though telco. Any information you can give me would help.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
your sure the telco has the CID feature on?

Probably because it was reprogrammed so that no phones ring on incoming calls and the AA picks up and handles them. When it transfers the call to an extension (set for two rings) the display will only say "VMS" because that's where it came from.

That said the ACS R6.0 (and R7.0) will pass the CID info on transferred calls. So your best option is to do a software upgrade to R6.0 (I'm assuming you have an older ACS) unless you want to make those phones ring on incoming calls.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
cid feature is on
the phones do ring on incoming calls... not sure how its set up though.. do you think that vms picks up all calls then transfers them? because when someone calls the auto attendant picks up announces the name of our company then says dial an extension. how can i make it so that this works the same way but shows the CID instead of VMS?

OP Offline
how can i tell which version of ACS i have?

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Go to a display phone and press Feature 59, if you have AA answering it you should have it answer on the 2nd or 3rd ring to be sure that the CID data comes in before the AA answers it.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
OP Offline
i have ACS 5.0. You are saying that if i have AA answer after the second ring it will transfer the caller id info when it transfers the call? or do i still need ACS 6.0?

OP Offline
ok im a little confused. i was checking the settings on my system and it says that AA is set to answer after 2 rings... but when someone calls in the ext10 phone does like a half ring and the system immediately answers. Caller id info is sent at the 2nd ring so how do i make the system wait? is it not AA that is answering? im a little confused...

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Is AA answering or is 10 answering? If it's the AA check #506 1 = day and 2= night, this controls how many rings until AA answers. If it 10 answering check #208 and see if the lines are assigned to it.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
OP Offline
well after half a ring the incoming call is answered. then a welcome message is played and it says press 3 for this department or press the ext you want. if i hit #506 it askes which mode... doesnt display wich mode its in. what should i do?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,835
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,639 Shoretel
189,523 CTX100 install
187,781 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 158 guests, and 330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024