web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Any definity 6.2 to 9.5 you can boot without the card and it will use default passwords. You will need the INIT password to turn on features. Each version has different INIT passwords. Earlier Definitys can be defaulted the same way but are probably not worth the time. You also can boot off somebody eles back up to activate your system if you have the same GA release.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Chris Howard
Chris Howard
It can be done, I have a Definity Prologic R1V6 and a Merlin Legend 7.0 in my shop I built and installed for test equipment for under $1200.00

William C. Howard
Thanks to everybody for their responses. With regard to INIT passwords, are they necessary to unlock even the most basic features, or are they only necessary for the advanced features? Oh, and neh-telecom, do you happen to know the TN number of the Prologix R1 V6 processor? Is it a TN798B?

Thanks again
I really appreciate this help

[This message has been edited by chicagotechsolutions (edited June 21, 2005).]

TN798 is a V4-V6 processor TN798b is a V6-V8. Use a B when you can. It is a replacement issue for all early releases. The processor has a sticker on the front with the release and load that it contains. the unit will function basic without any features turned on. Default INIT passwords are known so its possible to open what you need.

thanks again for all the information. Im most likely going to get a 798B, however just in case, is there any other (older) processor that can run on a prologix cabinet? I told my parents that I was getting a definity... and they thought it was a car. lol.

heiff Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm glad to know I'm not the only crazy one! [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

Lost and found, you still remain there.
You'll find a meadow filled with grain there.
I'll give you a home on the range... (Brian Wilson & Van Dyke Parks)
You are not crazy. There are many of us Definity techs that are really into our work.

[Linked Image from phototiki.com]
heiff Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all,

I've been away while assembling my equipment - I now have a Prologix cabinet with a TN798B V7 processor. I installed it on a backboard I put up in my basement, grounded properly and such (ok...I have to admit that I used some *solid* ground wire rather than stranded - it was free, but otherwise everything is as it should be).

I get a login prompt from the terminal, but of course I don't have any passwords, so I've been able to do nothing with it thus far. frown

Now, I think posting passwords in a open forum is a no-no. But you could try doing a google for "default password list", that may point you in the right direction...

[Linked Image from phototiki.com]
heiff Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry - I didn't mean to infer that I was asking for passwords! I found I can login with the default craft password, but I'm limited as far as what I can do.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,423 Shoretel
189,184 CTX100 install
187,432 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 92 guests, and 426 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024