web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
However Feature 60 gives me F60 on the display. For Kicks I followed it with 1-800-xxx-xxxx and it took it. So now I have speed dials from Feature 601 through Feature 618 programmed.

Sounds like you have an ACS not a PII to me. What does the display say when you do Feature 59?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

I am by no means a tech so please don't talk tech to me. smile I'm just wondering if someone has a thought about what's happening with my Samsung fax machine and my PartnerPlus.

I had a fax machine in a jack that comes after the Partner system. It works just fine. When I connected the new Samsung it wouldn't ring, therefore wouldn't receive. It got an outgoing dialtone just fine.

Hooking up the Samsung to a line (different line) BEFORE the PartnerPlus system -- it works like a charm. I'm just not sure why one machine would be fine with the system and another, in the same jack, wouldn't be.

I've ordered a different brand and I'm hoping that works as did the original machine. If it doesn't I guess I'll have to get my tech to come out and make that jack BEFORE the system.

I'm still confused, however, and would love any thoughts as to why this happened on the Samsung. I'm afraid I know nothing about how the jack is programmed. (Actually, I know nothing about a lot of things.)

Thanks,

Larry

if you look at posts above and hal biss post of
4/24 it seems to be your situation

Why dont you follow those steps and post back .

I guess I deserved that answer, posting in a tech forum. I'd have no idea how to reprogram any of my phones. My question, I thought, was simple. Fax machine A works (rings), B doesn't (but does when it's BEFORE the Partner System.) What about these machines could be different and cause that.

This will be my last pester since I don't want to deserve more.

Sorry i thought since you were responsible for the partner you had books and some knowledge
of the system .

so back to square 1
i would look thru the programming parameters of the fax and see if there are changes you could make and play with those changes 1 at a time

you did say its ext 27 plug in a single line
home phone and call x27 to see if it rings
also call the fax number and see if it rings.

also is there a voicemail on your system ?

also when you call the fax # does it just ring
with no answer?

I know nothing about ext. 27. The point is it doesn't even ring. The other fax machine rings and answers, plugged into the same jack. The new Samsung obviously won't answer if it doesn't ring.

I get outgoing dialtone and can make calls from that machine. The moment the Samsung is plugged into a jack that's wired BEFORE the system, it rings like a charm.

There's nothing I can see in the programming of the fax machine that would make this happen or not. Obviously, ringers are turned on, etc.

You said you get outgoing DT. Is it system DT or is it the outside CO dial tone? Easy to tell, just dial one of the two digit extensions and see if it rings. If not it's CO dial tone to prove dial a 7 digit outside number see if it rings. Could be you're working through a stick and your fax has to be programmed for it work through the stick. Word of advice, don't get ticked at those trying to help they have to understand your problem first. Just be patient someone will figure it out for ya.

Retired phone dude
i guess the best bet is you already have another
machine coming if it does the same call in a tech to check the programming on your partner or put the fax line directly to the jack .

sorry about the confusion with the x27 its been
a very long day

good luck

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Originally posted by LarryH:
... The other fax machine rings and answers, plugged into the same jack. The new Samsung obviously won't answer if it doesn't ring.

I get outgoing dialtone and can make calls from that machine. The moment the Samsung is plugged into a jack that's wired BEFORE the system, it rings like a charm.
Hi Larry - The Partner's ring generator doesn't make a nice rounded sine wave, like the phone company's does, it's more of a square wave. Point is, I have seen some devices that simply don't "like" that type of ring voltage, and won't ring from it. If you know the extension number of the port that you are using, you can call it directly on the Intercom from another phone. This will bypass any possible programming error (but I don't think you have any, based on the old fax machine working fine in the same jack). I think that you're just out of luck using this particular machine.

Ken, TTT -- thanks for chiming in here. Ultimately, I think TTT is on the same trail that a friend of mine suggested. Ring voltage. Like the Samsung, I prefer curvier things myself. Let's hope the new Brother will appreciate the "squareage."

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,389 Shoretel
189,109 CTX100 install
187,417 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (nfcphoneman), 124 guests, and 372 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024