Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
richbk Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm helping my uncle choose a voicemail system for his Partner ACS 6.0. He owns a vet hospital. They have around 8 CO lines, 18 extensions (24 max presently).

I will choose between:
Partner Messaging v.7 (HD based)
Comdial Debut

One thing they want to do is have the phone auto answered after x rings during business hours, play a message like "all of our receptionists are busy please stay on the line..." and then put the person on HOLD.

I understand from reading previous posts that we need the Avaya ASA/DXD card for this.

Another peculiarity is that many doctors share one phone so there will be a many-to-one relationship between mailboxes and extensions.

Anyone have any advice on which voicemail to go with?

Cheers,
Rick

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Rick:
Please fill out your profile so that we know where you're from and your e-mail address so that if someone needs to send you something they can. I'm certainly not an Avaya expert here, but my first thought would be for you to stick with the same manufacturer as the phone system. I also see some real challenges as far as programming for these applications. Some of the Avaya guys should be jumping in here soon. Good Luck.

we sell duvoice. The duvoice made for partner will do more at about the same price and is more user friendly and easier for the customer to make changes.

Have you looked at the Partner Voice Messaging PC card Large? It supports up to 16 mailboxes, has two ports (can answer 2 calls simultaneously) and plugs into a PC card slot on the ACS processor. It also has the auto attendant, direct extension dialing and system answer features so no ASA/DXD card is needed. You can program mailboxes without having a physical phone on the station port. The only drawback to not having a phone on the port is no visual message waiting indicator. This voice mail system is tailored for the Parnter ACS, easy to set up and very user friendly.

[This message has been edited by nectec (edited December 08, 2004).]

i seems your mixing voicemail with a acd function the hold next operator is something you find in large systems airlines,mail order etc
take a look @voicegate.com and look at there ics product
it has 1500 hours ,250 mailboxes ,voice mail to email capability,out dial to cells or beepers which could eliminate ans service
guest mail boxes for doctors sharing 1 phone
they also have a hold feature that gives you the option to hold for ext/built in music on hold/ will ans for 4 different companies
they maybe able to write a mod to give you
exactly what you want / plus 100 other features you may or not use / hd based
redundant hd available

[This message has been edited by KENB (edited December 08, 2004).]

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
The Message 7 or the PC card isn't going to work for your needs, I would suggest the Duvoice unit as it has a Call Center application for the Partner and was made to work with the Partner ACS system.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
richbk Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nectec:
Have you looked at the Partner Voice Messaging PC card Large? It supports up to 16 mailboxes, has two ports (can answer 2 calls simultaneously) and plugs into a PC card slot on the ACS processor. It also has the auto attendant, direct extension dialing and system answer features so no ASA/DXD card is needed. You can program mailboxes without having a physical phone on the station port. The only drawback to not having a phone on the port is no visual message waiting indicator. This voice mail system is tailored for the Parnter ACS, easy to set up and very user friendly.

[This message has been edited by nectec (edited December 08, 2004).]
</font>

First, let me thank everyone for the help! I checked the Partner voice messaging docs (pc card, https://support.avaya.com/elmodocs2/partmail/prminpr2.pdf) and searched for the word "hold". Nowhere does it mention how to put a caller on hold after playing a greeting. How do you do it? Thanks very much,
Rick

reread the posts above from dtmf and myself
hold features not in the partner mails

richbk Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dtmf:
The Message 7 or the PC card isn't going to work for your needs, I would suggest the Duvoice unit as it has a Call Center application for the Partner and was made to work with the Partner ACS system.</font>

Thanks for the reply. I don't see why message 7 along with the ASA/DXD card won't work. During the day the ASA/DXD card will handle overflow by playing a greeting and putting callers on hold. When the receptionist gets to a call she can take the call or transfer to voicemail if appropriate.
Cheers,
Rick

richbk Offline OP
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KENB:
reread the posts above from dtmf and myself
hold features not in the partner mails
</font>

Right. The hold feature is handled by the ASA/DXD card not voicemail. Here is a description of the ASA/DXD card:

"Automatic System Answer helps the system operator handle outside calls during peak calling periods. When an outside call rings on a line programmed with Automatic System Answer, the system answers it after a specified number of rings and plays a short user-recorded greeting (20 second announcement) to the caller. Then, the system does one of the following:

* Places the call on hold at extension 10 (the outside caller hears Music-On-Hold, if it is available)
* Continues to ring all extensions that have access to the line (the outside caller hears Music-On-Hold, if it is available)
* Disconnects the call"

Cheers,
Rick

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,846
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,651 Shoretel
189,540 CTX100 install
187,785 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 165 guests, and 293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024