web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
The OP said that he made test calls from a land line at his office. You can usually tell a crappy cell phone call.

I think the problem is that he is relying on what the customer is telling him and hasn't spent enough time at the site to check the problem out for himself. At this point there have to be calls that are directly answered with the problem. Do they even answer any calls or do they have the AA do the transfers? If the former then you have to go put the AA on a delay and instruct the customer to answer calls directly (or you stick around while making test calls until you can duplicate the problem).

I suspect that this is a service provider problem since this is the only thing left. Possibly related to only a one or a few lines but without proper testing this is only a guess and you are going to need all the ammunition you can get to get them to even talk to you.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

OP Offline
Thanks for the vote of confidence hbiss

I've been out there numerous times.
I've made numerous test calls at different times during the 24 hour day.
I mentioned its only VM messages.

Great help

Last edited by Telesystems; 04/18/16 09:08 PM.

Telesystems technician
Well, I don't know what to tell you based on the information you provide. You have essentially replaced the system and the problem continues. What's left?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
5 slot carrier back plane
My goal is to fix the customer's problem because they are very upset about the message quality.
I did not just sit on my hands and wait for it to fix itself.
I proactively tried to diagnose the problem and then tried to change out the possible components that were causing the problem.

Telesystems technician
Since the problem is limited to voicemails, the problem is with the voicemail equipment or its connection to the processor.

You might consider the 5 module carrier. Maybe the connectors or traces in the carrier are corroded. A good cleaning of the contacts with a pencil eraser and WD-40 may work wonders. Clean the contacts on the processor too. Try another carrier if you have one. Or try putting the voicemail module in another slot. This will require reprogramming the ports.

The best solution is to put in the IPOffice Partner Edition. Why would you spend money replacing discontinued equipment with discontinued equipment when for about the same amount of money you could put in new and currently supported equipment?

For a cheap solution, consider yanking out the voicemail module and putting a plain old answering machine on extension 10 or 11.

Last edited by Butch Cassidy; 04/19/16 02:45 PM.

Vaya con Dios amigos!
Butch
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
The system has a Partner Voice Messaging card. How does the 5 module holder come into play eh

I Love FEATURE 00
Exactly. Besides, I have never seen one go bad. Do you still have the old ACS and messaging card? How about connecting it up back at your office and seeing how it works? Betcha it works fine.

My goal is to fix the customer's problem because they are very upset about the message quality.

Awwww. Tell them you've done all you can and to call the cable company. It's not their system.

-Hal

OH. Well I still say to throw out the stale crackers and get some fresh ones.

Vaya con Dios amigos!
Butch
Try isolating the problem. Pull out the 206 module and see if the problem persists.

Then pull the processor out of the carrier and run it that way. You can plug the power cable directly into the processor.

Vaya con Dios amigos!
Butch
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
Hook the original processor and VM card that you swapped out up to your land line, keep making test calls until it happens or until you're convinced the problem is with their DT provider

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,418 Shoretel
189,181 CTX100 install
187,430 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 146 guests, and 426 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024