Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Originally Posted by hbiss
I don't think you could walk into an AT&T Phone Store and walk out with a Merlin or Partner system.
-Hal

They sold Partners cash and carry at the AT&T stores here. We used to get a lot of their installation business because the store managers were getting pissed over long installation delays and high installation prices. They could sell the equipment cash and carry to the customer, give them our number and have us install it directly. It was a win-win for everyone. They got the equipment sale, the customer got it fast and installed cheaper and we made money.

We did the same thing with Sears Business Systems, who sold Merlin and Trillium systems cash and carry. Our first Merlin 30/70 system installation was a referral from Sears. Those were the days.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Amen to that.......

OP Offline
Im still interested in what someone would have paid if they wanted to buy it outright rather than leasing it. And, other than the somewhat cryptic entries in the Sourcebook, was there much consumer-friendly marketing material? I do have one brochure in my collection. It's packed in a box after a recent move, but I think it describes the joys of a BIS-34.

Considering that my Legend's R7 CKE4 processor was released in early 1999, and the last Magix came out in 2003, I'm surprised how little info there is to be found online.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
There are brochures to be found online. Fine tuning the words used with Google can yield some good results.

Actually...the Magix went out of production on April 1, 2006.

I Love FEATURE 00
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,835
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,643 Shoretel
189,528 CTX100 install
187,783 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
5 members (Touch Tone Tommy, justbill, Professor Shadow, Yoda, Toner), 131 guests, and 287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024