Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
I have had nationals send me old Merlins with VoiceSys voice mails to install within the past couple of years... they must be 25+ years old??

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
if they work and provide the functionality the business needs in a cost effective manner then why not ?

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Online Content
Originally Posted by upstateny
I have had nationals send me old Merlins with VoiceSys voice mails to install within the past couple of years... they must be 25+ years old??

Right. I often repeat the story of a national I did work for send me over to a brand new restaurant to install a Merlin 820D2. That was only a few years ago.

But VoiceSys?? puke

So I agree that a refurbed ACS and phones are a viable option.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Originally Posted by hbiss
I beg to differ. From the viewpoint of a telecom industry veteran and Avaya BP I have many criticisms of the IPO as well as Avaya itself. Not wishing a personal attack, but as an IT person who is not even an Avaya BP what you say carries little weight.

Oh I have criticisms. But I'd recommend an IPO in a heartbeat. You really genuinely hate all IT people and hold them in contempt, read enough to see it. I am sure one caused you great harm once and you never got over it. We are not all evil. I sell a lot of IPOs and all of them have been 100% succeses.

Online Content
Originally Posted by Jack Salvadore
... You really genuinely hate all IT people and hold them in contempt, read enough to see it. I am sure one caused you great harm once and you never got over it. We are not all evil. I sell a lot of IPOs and all of them have been 100% succeses.

This thread is getting off topic so this is all I'm going to say about this but I guess it could serve as a warning for potential customers to make sure who you are dealing with is legitimate.

Believe me, I'm not the only telecom business owner who dislikes IT people. The reasons are many but the main one is the one you openly admit- "I sell a lot of IPOs". You buy and sell gray market at prices that us ligitimate dealers, who have made the effort to do things right and become BPs, can't compete with.

So the biggest reason I (we) have so much contempt is because you and others like you are taking business away from us. IT people are not our friends, they are out to put us out of business.

-Hal

Last edited by hbiss; 08/19/13 07:51 PM.

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
No I don't buy gray market and you've never seen a bill of mine. I currently buy as a Avaya Affiliate. All on the up and up. The rest is just your imagination. I don't have to excuse myself for being very good at what I do and make a good living as an honest businessman. As one old coot to another, lighten up, Hal. You'll live longer and be happier.

Last edited by Jack Salvadore; 08/19/13 08:20 PM.
Let's let this one cool off a bit. Any way you shake it one mold doesn't fit all.

Retired phone dude
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,858
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,665 Shoretel
189,588 CTX100 install
187,848 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (hbiss), 117 guests, and 263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024