Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#553418 06/13/13 01:51 PM
OP Offline
Not something I recommend due to the transmisson loss, but I'm being made to set up an offsite call transfer on an ACS.

It is a V6.0 and a feature that should work.
I turned the extension remote call forward on with #322.
A personal speed dial 81 with the number they want to call
A button that lights up and shows fwd 14 81. When dark it shows fwd 14 14. I also tried *81.
Feature 81 picks a line and dials the number

When called on the intercom it goes 3 rings and then to voicemail no matter what state the FWD key is in. I even turned off the voicemail coverage but then it just rings out.

What did I miss this time??

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

try #208 line ownership,assign and it should work for you.

OP Offline
Thanks Dutch!

Give line ownership to 14 only? What about the other stations though?

I'll check it.

OP Offline
My book says that you can only have 1 owner per line but multiple lines. They want to do this for more than 1 extension. From the description, Line ownership doesn't sound like what we are trying to accomplish. Are we talking about the same thing here? This place is a good 50 miles away and I would hate go go all that distance and not be able to make it work on a second visit. They're already getting cranky because I couldn't do it the 1st time around.

To be clearer:

When a lighted key is toggled to FWD, they want calls transfered from ANY line to extension 14 to grab another line and dial the number under personal SD 81. (feature 81 presently calls the correct number) The display says Forward 14 81 but it doesn't grab a line to go out on. When it is not toggled to FWD it should go the the local Voicemail. In either state it is now going to voicemail after 3 rings.

Last edited by Not_sirius; 06/18/13 01:53 AM.
OP Offline
It is a V6.0 and a feature that should work.
I turned the extension remote call forward on with #322.
A personal speed dial 81 with the number they want to call
A button that lights up and shows fwd 14 81. When dark it shows fwd 14 14. I also tried *81.
Feature 81 picks a line and dials the number

When called on the intercom it goes 3 rings and then to voicemail no matter what state the FWD key is in. I even turned off the voicemail coverage but then it just rings out.

#208 was suggested but that is line ownership. My book says that you can only have 1 owner per line but multiple lines. They want to do this for more than 1 extension. From the description, Line ownership doesn't sound like what we are trying to accomplish.

To be clearer:

When a lighted key is toggled to FWD, they want calls transfered from ANY line or Voicemail to extension 14 to grab another line and dial the number under personal SD 81. (feature 81 presently calls the correct number) The display says Forward 14 81 but it doesn't grab a line to go out on. When it is not toggled to FWD it should go the the local Voicemail. In either state it is now going to voicemail after 3 rings.

Should work. You don't need #208, line ownership. That will forward the call when a call comes in on the owned line. You have an AA to handle that and the transfered call is the same as an intercom call.

Only thing I can think of is are you really working with extension 14? You can program a 14>81 button on any extension as well as #322 and personal speed dial 81. But if you really are on extension 12 it ain't gonna work.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
You can't program a 14>81 button on any extension other than 14. However, you can dial Feature 11-14-Ext. No from any extension, and you can dial Feature 11-14-Personal Speed Dial from Ext. 10

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Did you enter the speed dial from ext 10 or 11?

Originally Posted by Touch Tone Tommy
You can't program a 14>81 button on any extension other than 14.

Tommy's right, my bad. You can forward any extension to any other extension from any extension with Feature 11, that's what I was thinking of. But you can't program a button for it except on the extension doing the forwarding.

As for forwarding an extension to one of it's personal speed dials from another extension, I'm not sure what happens. Again you can't program a button for it but you can enter something. I have a button on extension 11 to forward to my cell via personal speed dial 80. If I go to extension 14 and do Feature 1180, when I enter the last digit-the zero, Forward: 118 disappears from the display leaving only the 0. It also deletes the button I have programmed on 11. I didn't try to see if it forwarded.

But I really don't think any of this has anything to do with your problem.

I think if I were in your position I would do a reset of the system first and if that didn't work do a default and re-program from scratch. You are doing everything right and there has to be something else wrong someplace.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
Nope, the speed dial was programmed at sta 14. If on ext 14 I can do FEAT 81 it calls the cell number. When on, the forward button says 14 81.

In other news...
Cust doesn't want to pay for any visits so now I'm only getting 3rd party info through the boss lady so that makes it 4½ th.

The client is claiming calls sent to ext 14 have suddenly started lighting up an outgoing line when called but don't dial anything and then goes back to the local voicemail.

With the utmost respect to Gentlemen and ladies of the forum, I feel I'm no longer getting valid information from them and do not want to waste any more of the time you have given me. I consider the value of the information here has HIGH value but in this case I am wasting the "brain trust" chasing ghosts.

Thank you VERY MUCH for your time. I need a drink.... a BIG one [Linked Image from sirius-business.com]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,397 Shoretel
189,122 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 157 guests, and 431 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024