Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Trying to keep this going is only extending the end users problems.
Time to upgrade.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

OP Offline
I'd love to upgrade the system, but John does not want to spend any more money when he's stuck with something that doesn't work after ordering my Partner system not even a month ago. During our discussion on the phone last night, he did mention that if we can't fix the Merlin (which apparently is the case now) that he would be willing to consider covering the shipping costs for someone generous to send us a system to replace the Merlin.

The reason John wanted the Merlin in the first place was for background music and loudspeaker paging, as well as the intercom features (voice call and ringing intercom). He needs the loudspeaker paging and the ability to interrupt the music when making a page. There are no outside CO lines where the system is installed, but John is considering MagicJack as the main CO line, so it would only need to support one CO line minimum.

If anyone has an older system and a few system phones (we currently have three Merlin phones) that they'd be willing to part with for the shipping cost then that would be greatly appreciated. Please PM me with any considerations, or send me an email with a shipping cost quote to zip code 36527.

Thank you all for your continuous assistance and for volunteering your time to help me out.

Regards,

Scott
telecom guy10

Last edited by telecom guy10; 02/27/13 10:49 AM. Reason: missing info

Tennessee Technology Solutions, LLC | "Business technology solutions reimagined." | (423) 665-9995 | www.423tech.com
Recently I made a deal with a friend of mine that I would install my old Merlin 820 system I had set up at my house at his backyard hangout in exchange for him covering the cost for me to get an older AT&T Partner system and some phones.

Sounds like a warranty issue to me. You sold him the Merlin and it crapped out. Looks like you owe him a new something.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Why don't you just give him back the partner system?

OP Offline
Looks like that's the only solution, I guess. This is just frustrating because it is his power grid that caused the problem in the first place. I sincerely hope that this Partner system doesn't get ruined too.

Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited by telecom guy10; 02/27/13 09:06 PM.

Tennessee Technology Solutions, LLC | "Business technology solutions reimagined." | (423) 665-9995 | www.423tech.com
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
This is just frustrating because it is his power grid that caused the problem in the first place

something as old as that Merlin or the partner doesn't owe anybody anything and is living on borrowed time .

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Throw in a UPS and keep your fingers crossed.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
I honestly am very frustrated that John is blaming me for this. He knew what he was getting and in addition the power grid problem is his responsibility and his fault. The only reason I'm even giving him the Partner now is because I am leaving for the Navy on June 13th and I liquidating most of my personal belongings, and it'll be a few years before I'm settled anywhere and it's just more stuff to carry around. Out of principle I didn't want to give in to his harassment (literally, harassment) and phone calls about getting it fixed. I must have explained it six times what caused the problem and he just ignores it. But it isn't worth it, and I explained that if the Partner breaks I'm done fixing his things that he doesn't take care of.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Good luck, don't let it get you down

I think it still sounds like the system has a bad processor/battery or both. Being that old, just you moving from one location to the other could create the intermittant problem you describe. I don't think it was caused by a power problem from a external generator.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,868
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,693 Shoretel
189,711 CTX100 install
187,894 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 133 guests, and 326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024