Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#545745 02/13/13 02:25 AM
OP Offline
I did some work for a ABP in another state. I delivered what I promised, client tells me they are happy with the work done and approved the WO. Now I am being being jerked around trying to get paid. It's almost 90 days now. If I file a complaint with Avaya against the BP would this even matter? Does Avaya care what the hell their BPs do when ot comes to stiffing their subs? I cannot sue so the only leverage I have is a complaint to Avaya against this BP.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

I think there was in my contract something about not making Avaya look bad or something to that effect. Whether that would apply in this situation or if they even care is another matter. I really don't think it's going to help you. It might not be practical to sue the BP because they are out of state but you can go after their customer that you did the work for. Write them a letter and threaten to put a lien on their property and take them to court. Let them fight with the BP they contracted with.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I'm sure Avaya would want to hear about your experience with this BP.
But with that being said, most of the blame (IMO) is on you for doing work for someone that you had no previous relationship with without a pre-approved CC up front.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
I've noticed an odd trend lately with these nationals... I'll get a call from one I've never heard of and turn the job down only to have a vendor we trust call and offer the same job later in the day or the next day. Seems like there's a bunch of clowns out there trying to get into the game.

Not afraid to work, just like to get paid.

"There is one thing and only one thing in which it is granted to you to be free in life, all else being beyond your power: that is to recognize and profess the truth." - Leo Tolstoy
OP Offline
Why is that, Dan? I didn't cheat anyone. I delivered a professional service for a fair price. I doubt a judge would see it your way but we'll of course never get there. Live and learn.

Last edited by Jack Salvadore; 02/14/13 12:33 AM.
OP Offline
93 - Dan has a good idea - secure the project with a CC. If they balk then they probably cannot be trusted. I only lost 300.00 but it's a bad habit to get into.

Originally Posted by Jack Salvadore
Why is that, Dan? I didn't cheat anyone. I delivered a professional service for a fair price. I doubt a judge would see it your way but we'll of course never get there. Live and learn.

What the hell is going on here? Who's editing posts out of this thread??? Where's Dan's post that Jack is replying to??

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
You have to remember Jack, just because they are a BP doesn't make them legit. And just because they claim to be a BP doesn't make it so. Plenty of phonies out there.

-Hal

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Hal, I'm not positive but I think the Dan he is replying to is our beloved Mike.

Jack Salvadore,
As Hal said there are plenty of fakes out there that say they are BP,s.
Report them to Avaya and also report them to the customer, I'd assume neither one of them would be to happy with the treatment your getting.

Last edited by dtmf; 02/14/13 02:58 PM.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
OP Offline
Yep, missed the M for some reason. Old eyes, what can I say.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,816
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,443 Shoretel
189,212 CTX100 install
187,455 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 112 guests, and 416 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024