Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
mboy Offline OP
OP Offline
Has anyone noticed how poor Tadiran is these days? I have an IPX 500 that is almost 3 years old.
Was very happy with it in the beginning (even tho I had a catastrophic failure with the UCMC within 1st month (and then again during 2nd year).
Also had numerous phones (in excess of 5) just flat out die at various times.

I was given a demo of their fax board at their headquarters in LI prior to purchasing the system.

3 years later, it still does not work correctly and Tech Support tells my tech guy that they have it working in their office, so the board works (yet they can't make it work in my office going on 2+ years now- (outbound faxing).

Then, after various software updates to UCMC, features like silent record stopped working with Boss groups. Tadiran has no annswer for my tech (who is on this board) other then they will send it to Israel to get a fix (this has been going on for 6 months now).

Then, my rep brings in a Sales Engineer from Tadiran who promises to upgrade me to 10 navigator seats on my UCMC (which they come with free on all new UCMC systems anyway). YET, they want to charge me over $2k for this free upgrade, part of which is to fix the silent record issue.

I don't get it.

I sit there and watch my tech on the phone with support who now RARELY has an answer or fix for any # of problems I am having.

NOW, I am having trouble with my conference line for my conference bridges because Support went in and changed something and now I can't get it to work properly again.

Has anyone noticed how poor support has become and how bad Tadiran itself has become lately?

I am sure some of you dealers out there HAVE to be having issues and noticed the changes. As an end user, I know I certainly have.

I would have to steer anyone away who is looking to get involved with Tadiran (Dealer/Tech wise)or purchase one of their systems as an end user like myself.

Ever since Tadiran has moved to NY, there support has suffered tremendously. I know there are a few guys that are still in Tech Support from the days when their HQ was in Florida. I am surprised that George K wasn't able to fix most of the issues you have.
The upgrade fee you are talking about on your UCMC, you sure it isn't to upgrade the actually UCMC software and board so you can have Navigator on it? I am sure there are good explanations on why certain features were not working after upgrades. If is a matter of someone very well versed in the system knowing where to look. I know with some upgrades, features in the keyset def get turned off or turned of in COS. When I deal with a Tadiran system that is acting funny, I always look for the most obvious then the not soo obvious. I would look to other dealers that have seasoned Technicians to help you fix the problems you run into.

mboy Offline OP
OP Offline
I am pretty positive my tech is well seasoned. I sit there when him when he is on the phone with their Tech support when they tell him they have no answer and will have to get back to him.

That was part of the excuse for the $2500 fee.

Free navigator, but have to pay for the upgrades AND for the fix to my sielnt record issue?

I also have a $2000 fax board which is garbage as far as I am concerened.

No outgoing faxes and half the time (more then half actually) it will not even recoginze a fax is coming in.

I quite honestly never liked the UCMC anyways, It was one of Bregman's brainy ideas to for a quick buck on selling a cheap voicemail system. Something like that can really make the customer not like tht whole system because of one part (Ucmc) of the system isn't reliable.

I have 2 of those problem children (ucmc)and I simply won't install another one. If you can't make a backup drive I say screw it. Yes, I have noticed I cannot get a tech support call handled in a timely manner 90% of the time. I simply email anymore if I can. I have to compete with other people that aren't certified on the product when I have real hardware/software issues and it ticks me off to no end because I RARELY call unless it's something just weird. I also am getting REALLY p*ssed off at their PO system being so screwed up. Trying to make paperwork and licences to a job site is frigging annoying at best and a complete PITA. Right now the safe money is with the Windows Based CMC IMHO. Active Voice makes a good product.

I would have hoped the new Tech support Manager there fixed things but I guess not. The only way Tech Support is going to change is the dealers have to make waves with the RSM and Sales Engineers. I used to hate calling them and one particular support guy would answer the phone. I would tell him my issue and he would tell me to "wait a moment" put me on hold and ask the person next to him. Frustrated me to no end.

Coral Tech,
Since you guys are an NEC dealer as well, did you guys have the "pleasure" installing a UM8500 (kinesis) yet? That system needs some work! We had it at my last job. What a POS. Our infrastructure guys were going bonkers when AV told them the box needed to be a domain controller.

OCI Offline
There are some very helpful and talented people still with Tadiran. However, collectively Tadiran is the highest maintenance vendor I have ever worked with in the last 20+ years. We also have and continue to experience nearly the same issues as indicated by other posts on this topic. A tough situation with no clear resolution in sight from our viewpoint.

By no means do I think there are no talented people at Tadiran. I like most of the ones I deal with, problem I have is when you call tech support and some of them make you feel you are bothering them and that we should feel privledged to be speaking with them. Somtimes I wonder if tech support people actually have ever been in the field and installed a system in a real environment? Other manufacturers I deal with have support guys that have never installed a system out in the real world, just in the "lab". Kind of hard to see a lot of realtime issues in the lab.

Several years ago I had one of those problems that seems to never go away with a Coral. My techs were getting nowhere with tech support so I got involved and spoke with the tech support engineer that my folks had been dealing with, let me say here that my experience with the TAD tech support folks had always been exceptional before this, he (who shall remain nameless as he is still in tech support at TAD) gave me MAJOR attitude, until I had to explain in VERY plain english WHO was the customer (ME!!!) and who the vendor was....one further discussion with his manager and problem got solved!!

Agreed TTT. We actually install the UX and Aspire systems and from what I have seen so far the UX systems are just great.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,829
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,574 Shoretel
189,446 CTX100 install
187,604 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (dexman, nortelvoip, justbill), 118 guests, and 219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024