Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#489776 12/08/07 03:45 PM
B-rad Offline OP
OP Offline
I need to replace a failed power supply in a ProtegeVoice SPV-4. I've Googled the manufacturer of the power supply and the part number, but can't find any reference to either. Is anyone aware of a suitable replacement or where I might find the actaul part? Thanks.

You are not going to find those tec top pwr supplies. I looked for monthes and even talked to the mfg. they were out of production about the same time the vm was released. they used about 3 dif models on the svp 4. If we have to replace them now we have to go through an extensive build up procedure for a replacement pwr supply. It is eaiser to have yours repaired.

Frodo, if I may ask: Who told you the power supplies were out of production?

You can still get the SVP-4 & SVP-12 repaired either through King or the original company that made the units. The only part issue is with the motherboards, they have been out of production for a while.

Also, whats the "extensive build up procedure"? Why not just purchase a new case? The power supply and fan are already in it, all you have to do is move the board/drive over.

Always be nice to everyone. You never know when you will encounter them again! (Perpetual Lurker)
I believe B-rad is back up and running with his new case.

Anyone else looking for a new one?

Always be nice to everyone. You never know when you will encounter them again! (Perpetual Lurker)
The mfg of the power supply told me they were out of production. At least the older models. I did not investigate the newer power supplys as they will not bolt up due to the screw holes. Who has new svp 4 cases? As far as getting things repaired I am well aware of the repair options and must say King does a great job. But as far as a cost eff. replacement I have not had very much luck in finding a direct replacement.

The old style power supplies I can see being unavailable. Even the new ones would be difficult to find a supplier.

How has King handled power supply issues if they can not get the old style power supply?

"Cost effective" is a subjective statement, B-rad would be able to comment better on that.

I have new SVP cases. Anyone can PM for pricing and info - it will be a long time before I run out.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Originally posted by VMSysMaker:
it will be a long time before I run out.
smile

My first smiley'd comment :dance:

Taking a quick look (Although with 1100+ records, on a Friday, days before x-mas, I may have to take a "deeper look into this,"...till 5pm): Around 35% of the bad hard drives in the SVP-4 units coincide with a bad power supply. I could not say whether it was a bad power supply trashed the drive, or the same thing that trashed the drive trashed the power supply. (Back in my QC research I killed units both ways!)

Everyone here sounds like a great technician in what they do, but I just need to be sure its said.. If you have a bad hard drive, CHECK your power supply voltage!! After 48 hours of continuous running, the MINIMUM output should be 4.90V
Anything below 4.70V and the hard drive may begin to show errors: "Not reading drive C"; "Can not find file" or the good old "No operating system found"
4.65V and below, the motherboard begins to have problems communicating with the memory.
Extended operation with a failing power supply may damage components on the motherboard.

There were 2 styles of power supplies used, each requiring different mounting and therefore, a different case. The older version has a shield that butts up against the motherboard, and is no longer available. The new version has about an inch between the motherboard and shield. You can repair the older power supplies or "upgrade" to the newer power supply/case.

(I just got a chance to look, there are 320 new cases still wrapped on the skid from Taiwan, plus a few others being used as door stops around the building!)

Is it eerily extra quiet today, or did I accidentally put my phone in DND..again?

Not to revive a long ancient post....

Running into a "bad hardrive"
However, the voltage I am getting is closer to 4.03.
I am sending a PM hoping to get a reply

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran
Not to revive a long ancient post....

Running into a "bad hardrive"
However, the voltage I am getting is closer to 4.03.
I am sending a PM hoping to get a reply

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,335
Posts639,034
Members49,785
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,535 Shoretel
190,867 CTX100 install
189,301 1a2 system
Newest Members
gianluca, Micheal C, etel, AVO-IT, wierderal
49,785 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Rupert 11
tim10 10
Yoda 8
Toner 7
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 165 guests, and 181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024