Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Lee-Tel Offline OP
OP Offline
This is my first post on this forum. I am trying to program a Startalk to do the following- Delay ring during the day to voicemail (an overflow option when they are busy)and immediate ring to voicemail at night. During the day the caller is told to leave a msg if not an emergency but to call back if it is. At night they caller is given specific numbers to call in an emergency. I have had some success but there is one problem on the weekend. They are open 8 to 1 on saturday but closed the rest of the weekend. The way I have it set up they appear to get the day greeting even thought they are closed. I do not know how, if it is possible, to adjust the hours on a day by day basis in the voicemail system. I only see how to set when the morning, afternoon and evening time start/stop but it is in general and i need by the day. Sorry this is so long. (Lines are set to answer and using table 1 and greetings in the Startalk. Is there a better way?)

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Send the calls to (1) mailbox (21/221) via call fwd after x am't of rings. within that box you can choose which greeting you want to turn on at your choosing. The "prime" greeting will be the "day" message and alt will be nite.

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Please tell us which software versions of equipment you have. Are you turning on ringing services at night?

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
Lee-Tel Offline OP
OP Offline
Startalk 2.0.4L. Big Gray box. It is not a Flash, just an old boat anchor. Phone system 30BHG06 / NT7B53. I have not been back on site to try jkinkler suggestion yet. Was looking for a couple of options before returning. Right now I am using Table 1 with Greetings 1 and 2 playing either morning, noon, evening, closed. Calls ring on multiple phones right now. Would love to have the ability to have the calls go direct to a mailbox after 4-5 rings, and be able to hit a night button to always get the closed greeting.

Lee-Tel Offline OP
OP Offline
Right now, during the day on the weekend even though they are closed they are getting the day greeting. As a work around, I showed them how to go and change the business open from Y to N. Not the best option at this time.

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
You close at 1pm on Saturday - Set your Evening Start time for 1pm.
Sunday you are closed all day - Set your morning/afternoon/evening times all for 12:01am.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
Lee-Tel Offline OP
OP Offline
The system is an old version. I do not have the ability to set the different settings on a daily basis. If I am missing something I would love some help. I was told that you set that dail times thru the CCR tree but I can not do that in this version of software.

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
Times are set in the AA TABLES - not the CCR trees.
It has been years of ages since I worked on a StarTalk, but I am pretty sure it has times, too.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Jim's right; that's where to set the times.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Lee-Tel Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks. I will go onsite and try it tommorrow. It seems that I looked there before and while I can change the morning/afternoon/eve/closed times I do not think I had options for EACH day of the week. Maybe I need to hit another key or pay closer attention. I will update you in the AM. I am afraid that it is so old that I can not do it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,827
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,548 Shoretel
189,428 CTX100 install
187,596 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (nortelvoip, nfcphoneman), 120 guests, and 218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024