Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
blooney Offline OP
OP Offline
We have a nortel mics with a pri. We are some analog lines primarily for fax and credit card machines, but we have a couple of analog portable phones on an
ASM. We have a problem with those lines rolling over to each other. We also recently have one line that seems fine, but if you try to call it on the system it rings immediately to another office. The portable phone is a 2 line phone, and this is the second line. It used to work fine, and I don't recall changing any configuration before this started happening. If you punch line 2 on the phone you get a dial tone and can dial out fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

I had a CIC's once really mess with me. Had a few ATA's on it and the cable pair the one ATA was on went bad. The direct line that was programmed to ring on that set would forward to another office. Long story short I thought the phone was forwarded as it showed the line ringing on the other set even though it was not programmed onto that set. If you are sure the programming is good, change the cable pair or jack. But the line was dead and never did work at the phone. And when you say it rolls over, do you have the Fwd on busy set to the second line. Are you sure the line was not redirected or forwarded by accident?

Two girls later and I'm back.....lol...been gone a while but see same faces still here. Lol
Ask around if somebody did forward line #2 to another office for any reason by using CO's codes like 72* or something else. Rollover lines is a provider issues.
The portable phone is a 2 line phone, and this is the second line.
Are you saying that anolog extensions using fax and credit card lines only or they use PRI poool as well?

Vad, I think his cordless phone is working off the ASMs.

Two girls later and I'm back.....lol...been gone a while but see same faces still here. Lol
blooney Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, everything goes through the PRI. The analog lines all go through the ASM (we do have three ata's as well). I should have thought of the forwarding problem, the only thing is, I've never figured out how to use feature codes from an analog phone, so I don't know how to un-forward a line if it has been forwarded. Can you let me know how?

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
I think you access your Line Pool with your cordless, then Link or Flash, star, #, 4.

If it's a "non-system" Call Forward, access the Line Pool, then *73.

Dave

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Nickels,
Are you trying to say that he is using 2 different extensions from ASM to use a different Pools on 2 lines Analog telephones?

The analog lines all go through the ASM

Are we talking about Analog telephones or Analog Trunks here? :shrug:

blooney Offline OP
OP Offline
We're talking about analog telephones, NOT analog lines. We're trying to save money by not spending nearly $600 for a nortel cordless phone(which only gives you 2 incoming anyway)

On system's cordless it is 2 Intercom buttons by default but yo can program all eight of'em to be Icm or take 'em all away and get in trouble. That is completelly up to you but connect 2 different exts to one Analogue telephone???? What is the reason? To have 2 different exts or to have 2 different Pools(Lines)? But on Analog exts you forced to dial Pool access code b4 you start dialing anyway then what is the purpouse of havving 2 Analogue exts per one 2 line Analog telephone? Am I missing something here?!

Vad60 is right. Just what exactly are you trying to do with these analogue phones?

One ATA with one analogue cordless phone if set up properly should do most of what you want, intercom, line pool access, transfer, etc.

If however you want to "pick & choose" which line you use for an outgoing call, spend the $$$$$. A waste of money in my opinion.

Dave

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,893
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,861 Shoretel
189,972 CTX100 install
188,086 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 7
dexman 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 80 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024