web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Just came back from the customer location, found out that they are actually having 2x 4-port trunk cards installed already; interesting enough, one card is NT7B75GA-93 while the other is a NT7B75GB-93... Is it normal?!
Anyway, the new problem is the customer also wants to add 4 more new exts to her existing 8 exts system... My understanding is that she has already maxed out the 8 exts and also the slots in the system.
I need some pro advice about this situation, should we proposed to add a so called "2-port Fiber Expansion Card for MICS" together with a so called "Fiber Station Module (0x16)"???
Questions:
1. these 2 accessories are said to be used for MICS not CICS... Would it be another one for CICS?
2. how to interconnect the 2-port fiber card to the (0x16) fiber station module? Do I need a special cable or something?
3. do we still need to get any expansion card or something to put inside the (0x16) fiber station module? Sorry that I never seen the real thing before, is it just empty inside?
Sorry for all the questions! Any input would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Telephone System Newbie... ;P
Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

OP Offline
By the way, the SP# is 30NeG00 NAT.

On a cics you can only have a max of 8 lines
If you want to go from 8 to 16 sets you will have to upgrade the card to expanded version wich will give you up to 16 sets then you can add an 8 port expansion card wich will up it to 24 ports thats your max.

OP Offline
Quoted: "upgrade the card to expanded version".
Would you advice which card should be upgraded? Do you mean the little ROM card?
Does the above SP# shown you it is not expandable?
Do you have any idea about the part# of the 8-port expansion card? As I can only find the solution of "fiber station module", I could not find any 8-port expansion card...
Please shed some more lights, thanks...!

Admin
Admin
I notice you say you are a consultant in your profile. The easiest way to learn all these basic Norstar answers is to participate in an install or two. I would cut to the chase and have a certified installer show you the ropes or take a few Global Knowledge learning courses for Norstar. Norstar has been out for quite a few years and these are easy to work on and maintain with some experience. What you are asking is requiring alot of installer level programming and installation experience. Most of us make our living doing this full time. Realize that you are probably going to have to pay for professional advice from either a local certified tech or from a moderator on this board. Good luck. Wish I could fly to BC and help. Beautiful part of the world.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
Can someone tell if the system is restricted or not by the SP# as 30NeG00 NAT? Thanks!

I have asked RBF to clarify a point or to Dumb an answer down so I can understand what he is saying . He has always answered my questions truthfully or pointed me towards the proper source . Reposting after he has directed you to the most logical resource is reprehensible . :shrug:

Let It Be , I live in a Yellow Submarine . SCCE
HG, The scope of your questions are beyond the mission of this open forum.

I can't imagine "your customer" is getting value for they're money by hiring you with your present state of knowledge. Read the manuals, take some courses if you want to be a Nortel installer, but don't expect to learn it here for free.

:read:

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,602 Shoretel
189,485 CTX100 install
187,653 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 160 guests, and 348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024