Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Even that will be expensive.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
what type of trunks on the T-1's?

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
OP Offline
E & M.

USA MICS-XC 6.1-FC

Punch down all your damn pairs!..........(please).
Online Content
Don't know who your supplier is, but I was in that side of the business for a long time. We would set up traps to see why something was failing, once agian what is telco telling you they see when this happens? I know other ways are expensive, but work with your supplier. It has to be proven in our out of your switch.
Bill

Retired phone dude
OP Offline
They (telco) say that they've never hit ceiling before.

My supplier's tech support is now telling me that the specific version of S/W in the KSU has a bug relating to T-1. This could be the cause of the problem of course we won't know until we replace it.

The system version in Maintenance programming is: SP30CPE06.

He says that the "E06" indicates a problematicc S/W version and needs to be changed to "G05", which is a "Maintenance Release" version I've never heard of.

I'll let you guys now if this is the fix or not.

Has anybody ever heard of this bug before?

[This message has been edited by Jack Damage (edited September 02, 2004).]

There are lots of problems with that s/w and for the first time Nortel issued a second release s/w and called it MR (maintenance release) because they know they messed up big time that time, and here I quoted some of the Nortel described problems on their report from ITAS (Nortel Support).
Issues resolved in MICS 6.1 MR WI 6.05
• Call Duration Timer (F77) would reset to zero on calls that were placed or received on
Digital trunks. Each time a call was parked the timer would reset to zero resulting in a loss
Of running time. This was only an issue on calls that were on a digital trunk. The timer
Now continues until the call is released.
• Not able to reply to PRI SETUP messages when connected to DMS10 using NI -2 protocol.
This issue was resolved by correcting the response to an incorrect IE in DISCONNECT and
RELEASE.
• Some sites running either T1 or PRI have reported a high number of network related issues
Causing dropped calls. Updates to PRI-T1 and NAT1 firmware were made to raise our alarm
Thresholds.
• Some inbound calls to the Off-Core DTI (configured as an E&M) may not offer ring back. All
Channels are now offer ring back on the Off-Core DTI.
• There were a few incidences with Off-Core DTI lines that appeared as "Not a digital Line"
When viewed in provisioning. The same system would also report “unequipped” on certain
Ports in maintenance. In maintenance ports 801-804, 809-812 and 817-820 were all usable
Ports showing “idle” however, ports 805-808, 813-816 and 821-824 were showing
“Unequipped”. This was found to be an issue on systems that were upgraded from R1T1 or
MICS 1.0 to MICS 6.0/6.1 however, if a startup was done after upgrading to MICS 2.0 or
Greater this was not an issue.
• When dialing out over a point to point T1 (configured as an E&M) some sites reported that
A pause was required after dialing the destination code. A pause is no longer required
After dialing destination code for point to point configurations.
• Updated the protocol table entries for NI-2 to reflect current international standards.

That’s actually some of the problem that they admit to it but I saw a lot more with my customers .So its possible that your problem could be fixed by that MR s/w or you could have a problem Like previously mentioned with the T1 provider. I hope that helps.

Good Luck!

OP Offline
Got another system w/ 3 T-1's and the exact same software version ending in "E06" and the lines are E&M.

It's doing some wiggy things as well,
causing them to have to reboot the system every 3 days or so.

If this turns out to be the fix, then I'm going to make it a point to the boss to only issue 6.1 MR XC with all T-1 systems.

I'll keep you posted as the solution develops.

------------------
Punch all Pairs!

They don't happen to have some phones set-up with outbound transfer do they? Like, maybe remote sales agents that have calls automatically forwarded to their cell phones?

if it's documented i can figure it out
OP Offline
No they don't, but some of the mailboxes have outbound xfer (dial 7 during the greeting) enabled for urgent calls (it's a doctor's office).

Anyway, today I installed the MR version of MICS 6.1 XC.

I'll let you guys know how it goes.

BTW, does any one know where I can get mapfile ANF01ENG?

[This message has been edited by Jack Damage (edited September 22, 2004).]

Jack - the first thing i would try is to change your dialing plan from 9 to 9any - i have seen this fix the problem many times but not always
- i have seen this problem on many sytems from 4.1 to 6.1 s/w
- Nortel is aware of the problem and do not have a solution and the only sure fix i know of is to change them to pri's

Another thing you can try is using external csu's - i know some vendors who do not seem to have this problem when they have integrated T1's (18 channels of voice and 6 channels of data) with an external csu but i have yet to prove this.

I am also awaiting a reply from DrNortel who writes a column in the mart magizine.

You are not alone with this trouble -

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,816
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,443 Shoretel
189,212 CTX100 install
187,455 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
3 members (Toner, justbill, PhoneGuy827), 188 guests, and 405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024