Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#102022 06/29/12 02:23 AM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
OP Offline
We've been hired by a national to install an IP500 that they've pre-programmed for us. They've asked that we have a laptop on-site for the cutover just in case. I've downloaded the 8.0(44) software to three different PCs and cannot figure out how to get this software installed for the life of me.

The first time, I downloaded the compressed (zipped) version of it from Avaya's web site, unzipped the file and all I got was ten .BIN files that I can't get to do anything. They won't run individually for obvious reasons.

I did the same thing with my desktop PC running Windows NT. Same exact thing happened.

On another laptop, I downloaded the standard (non-compressed) version. In this case, I can't find the files at all. I know they are there because it took almost two hours to download. This laptop is using Windows 7 Starter Edition and I admit that I'm not very proficient with it.

Am I missing something?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

If you use the C: prompt to display your directories you will probably find where it got installed.

It probably created a new directory.

Look for a directory under /Avaya

Located in Southern California.
Mitel, Avaya, Nortel and Hitachi Products and services for Hospitality and Business sectors. Tel: 1-800-329-7971
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Online Content
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
The download should have been called ADMIN8_0_44.exe

Double click on it, and it will self extract - you may want to specify a location on your desktop instead of the temporary folder that it will want to create.

Once it has unzipped itself, open the new folder, find the Setup.exe, double click that, and just keep answering Yes, Next, or OK

Yeah, what Tommy said. You download the damn thing for an hour, unzip the damn thing for another hour then you have to hunt for the damn .exe file to install it.

So damn easy a CG could do it.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
It is showing up when doing a search of the C: drive as "Admin8_0_44.exe-B97808B5.pf". When I click on this file, it tells me that Windows can't open this kind of file, yadda, yadda, yadda.

It's frustrating because I know that the file is in the machine, but I can't get to it. Am I even close at this point?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Try this link:

ftp://ftp.avaya.com/incoming/Up1cku9/SoftwarePub/8_0GA_Builds/ADMIN/ADMIN8_0_44.exe

There is clearly something amiss as nothing special is required. Technically, it is only supported on Windows Professional and better versions, but I've used it on "home" successfully.

Admin8_0_44.exe-B97808B5.pf

You are not downloading the right file. Windows isn't going to open a .pf file.

I can't really blame you though because I can't find anything on the Avaya "new and improved" site either.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Hey Ed, go as if you are going to download it again. It should pop up to the directory where the last download went. Then you can work backwards from there to find the download, then do as Tommy says.

-Todd

WWW.EmeryCommunications.com
Authorized SMB Avaya Business Partner
OP Offline
Mike: The direct link to the ftp site appears to be working. At least is is downloading it in the uncompressed version. It is going to take a while, but I think I'm out of the woods.

Thanks everyone for your help.

PS: Yes, Hal, their 'new and improved' site leaves a bit to be desired!

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
At least is is downloading it in the uncompressed version.

Well, no. That .exe is a self extracting zip file- 1.41 GB worth. Pay attention to where it wants to unzip it to when you click on it or specify another folder else you will be hunting for it. :bang:

Also make sure you have room on your hard drive. You're going to have the original that you downloaded, the unzipped which is even bigger and the application. So you're talking like maybe 4 gigs. If you are running low on space you could delete the downloaded file after you extract it.

-Hal

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,827
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,529 Shoretel
189,258 CTX100 install
187,591 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (nonameyet, Touch Tone Tommy), 149 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024