Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
iamabee Offline OP
OP Offline
Can you work on different releases of the IP Office Basic (partner version) with the same Manager software? My tech is not having any luck. So when we work on a 6.0 or 6.1 system he loads that version of Manager. Then we go work on a 7.0 system and he has to take off the old manager from his laptop and put on 7.0 software. Then we go work on a 8.0 and he takes off the old manager and puts the new one on. Then back to the 6.0 customer and he takes off the 8.0 and loads the 6.0. He says the releases of manager are not compatible and it takes about an hour per switch over. Is there a better way? Thanks

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

iamabee Offline OP
OP Offline
I should clarify. We are having to do this when we have to recreate a card or upload files using embedded file management. We seem to have to do this alot. We had 2 sets we added that the intercom did not come up with. We recreated the card and now it works. We seem to be recreating alot of cards, some multiple times over a course of 6 months. things work for while, then problems, back up fails, etc. recreate the card and we are fine for a while. But each time reloading manager's different releases. What are we doing wrong?

iamabee Offline OP
OP Offline
The reasons why we are recreating sd cards are that we are getting back up alarm failures, and voice mail stopped working. We had 1 customer have voice mail issues 3 times over 6 months. We recreate the card and it works for a while.

What are we doing wrong?

RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Surely there's a way for these different levels to co-exhist on the same computers. Possibly put them in seperate folders that don't refer to the actual name/purpose of the software?

Partition magic would be the way to do it, according to my IT guy. You're going to need a LARGE hard drive. You will be loading a Complete version of the windows OS in each partition! See where this is going?

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
I am not sure how old your techs laptop is but it should not take an hour to do this(remove software and load new software)....we have to do the same thing when we reformat, our techs all have 8GB Flash drives that keep a few of the latest versions of the admin software on them. We simply uninstall the one we have, and install the new one. I have noticed that the systems I reformat the card on if I uninstall the old one and delete the folders and reinstall fresh we dont have to go back. If the tech is saying it takes an hour all together, uninstalling and reinstalling the correct version and then reformatting the SD card, yes he is correct. It takes forever!

Each version of manager is about 1 gig. I believe each new install deletes the existing also so it's going to take some time. Not a good situation if you manage many customer's systems such as a dealer would. I can't believe this is something that was not forseen.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
iamabee Offline OP
OP Offline
Hal
Amen. We have 6.0, 6.1 7.0 7.0.27 and a few 8s out there. Ironically when running essential or preferred software we seem to have few troubles. But almost every basic or version has mulitple problems. One had to reformat the sd card 4 times in a year or so and because it is the bianaries we had to wipe out the entire card, meaning all the vx mail was lost.
Is this what they really meant to put out in the market place?

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
our techs all have 8GB Flash drives that keep a few of the latest versions of the admin software on them. We simply uninstall the one we have, and install the new one. I have noticed that the systems I reformat the card on if I uninstall the old one and delete the folders and reinstall fresh we dont have to go back.
Same here.
About two years ago there where IMO some bad SD cards floating around, and the only fix was to format and start fresh.

By keeping a thumb drive with all the releases on it will keep you from running into the trouble you did the other day with that 6.1., plus that way your prepared for what ever you run into.

Hope this helps,

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
There was a bad batch of SD cards, around 6.0 area. They changed manufacturers, and the problems went away.

If you are still having issues, order a new card. You wont have to rebuild it again, which then solves this problem.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Also, if you change your working directory, and point it to the folder where you have copied all teh r6 files, when you rebuild the card for r6, justr point the working directoy to that folder.

If r7 point it to the r7 folder.

Of course you will need to have those folders and all associated files there....

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,609 Shoretel
189,494 CTX100 install
187,722 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (newtecky), 106 guests, and 333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024