Hopefully there are still some folks still out there who can help me with a Merlin Magix.

I have been plagued by a Hiss/white noise issue on 016 T/R modules. I have a dual carrier, and two 016 modules installed. The issue is only present on analog Polycom SoundStation phones and especially loud during a call while muted. I have plugged the polycom directly into the 016 ports and the noise is present...both cards and any port.

At first I thought this was a power supply issue. But I have since replaced both power supplies and the main carrier.

I was able to get acquire an additional Merlin Magix chassis with a processor CKE5, 016 T/R, 412 TDL and 100DCD cards. It was from an upgrade to VOIP and they just gave the their entire setup and it was supposedly working before the upgrade.

I've swapped a 016 module and the processor, performed frigid erase, tested the 016 module and noise remains. I put the processor and 016 module back into the acquired carrier and performed frigid erase. With nothing connected but Ground, Power and the polycom soundstation to a 016 port the noise is there! I swapped power supplies into this portable setup to see if noise would change and it remains.

To eliminate building power and grounding I took portable carrier(CKE5 and 016 module installed only) to other locations to see if the noise remains and it does. I've tried 2 different UPS power systems and even hooked it up to it's own grounding rod.

Is there some kind of setting that causes this I am missing? or perhaps I have 3 bad 016 T/R modules? Any thoughts and/or advice would be appreciated.