That would be my suggestion as well; check all of your tables and options that would send out CID to the carrier. It sounds as though they have left control of CID up to the PBX.

Originally Posted by hbiss
Not disagreeing with you but it does get manipulated. I can and have told service providers what name I want the CID to display for both land lines and cells. Apparently it can go farther than that judging from the CID you see when telemarketers call.

To expand upon this further...most carriers these days (probably with the adoption of VoIP-based switches as their back end) have allowed PBX's control of the outpulsing CID. It's definitely offered from the SIP trunking providers we work with, as well as Comcast PRI service and I know that it's been part of conversations with other CLECs. Some only allow number, others allow name and number manipulation. Doesn't mean that the destination carrier will display the modified data, but at least it is possible.

I do also agree that the databasse methodology is antiquated and obsurd when making changes.

We've been fighting for two months to get a customer's CNAME updated in said database and propagated to all carriers. All because the carrier screwed up when inputting the order and chose something off the wall to display.

Chris
NECOM Solutions powered by Internet and Telephone, LLC
Comdial, Vertical, NEC DSX/SL1100, Avaya IP Office