Well, either you are not working with Audacity correctly or the IPO has an ALC that brings the level back up.

Let me ask you, how in Audacity are you adjusting the volume? You DON'T use the slider at the top left next to the speaker symbol. That is only the output volume to your speakers and is the same as the media player or your sound card volume control.

The level is adjusted with in the track control panel to the left of the waveform. The level control is the - + and right below that is the balance L R. When you adjust the level it will be shown by the Vu meter at the top. Remember what it says!

After you adjust the level this way you export it as a .wav file. I would suggest renaming it when you do so as not to overwrite the original. You then load the new exported file into the IPO.

If you have to work with the file again you always start with the original. That's why I said pay attention to the Vu meters.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.