Originally posted by mforrence:
Originally posted by mdaniel:
[b] [QUOTE]... and increase the number of Euro sets you can use ,...........
That is our biggest challenge with moving actual Partner ACS customers over. I have a great solution for up to ten or twelve phones - but anything larger, they'll really need a forklift as I cringe at mixing Parter and 1400 phones on same system. [/b]
I agree. Either eliminate support for the ETR phones completely and make everybody buy new 1400s when they upgrade (which I don't recommend) or increase the ETR capacity to what the old Partner ACS was- 48 extensions.

What I always believed was that the IPO Partner was a half hearted effort to keep the Partner legacy alive. Avaya would much rather everybody move to the IPO platform and save them money. That's why the Partner mode is not comparable to the old ACS. Because of that I expect that at some point they will dump Partner completely citing lack of sales.

If it were me I would have it the other way around. My flagship product would be the Partner with increased capacity, ease of programming and a fixed feature set aimed at the sub 100 which is probably 99 percent of the market. There was a reason the Partner was the #1 selling small business system. What they do now is design the IPO for the 1% of customers who will actually use the features and ram it down the throats of the other 99% with aggressive sales because there is nothing else.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.