web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#628748 04/02/19 06:12 PM
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 46
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 46
customer has Toshiba Strata with pots lines and many DKT phones and only 1 analog phone - polycom speakerphone
they have 2 RSTU2 circuit cards
recently the 1 analog extension was no longer able to break dialtone with touchtone
it can still receive calls
but previously it was able to dial extensions as well as 9 for an outside call
i've tried program 30 LED 11 and 31 LED 17
I've also tried replacing the RSTU2 card
still not able to break dialtone
please help

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada


Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,928
Likes: 1
Administrator
Offline
Administrator
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,928
Likes: 1
system reset and test again at the block with a 2500 set or buttset

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 937
Likes: 2
Moderator-Toshiba
*****
Offline
Moderator-Toshiba
*****
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 937
Likes: 2
RSTU2 cards are really old these days so you might have to replace it with another RSTU2 or RSTU3.
Have you got another RSTU2 card in the system that you could swap around to see if the fault follows the card or stays affecting the same port as it could be a programming issue.


Regards
Carl
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,273
Likes: 1
Moderator-Toshiba
*****
Offline
Moderator-Toshiba
*****
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,273
Likes: 1
Or try moving the RSTU to another slot. I've experienced this before on a DK.

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 642
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 642
There is a piggy back card on the processor that translates dtmf crcu-2 or something like that, the programming for the card has to include the piggy back in 03 I think. You can also turn system off reseat piggyback card and hope that fixes it


"90% of the politicians make the other 10% look bad" Henry Kissinger
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 17
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 17
This sounds like a DK system. Have you tried running Ram Check prog 00 51 and 00 61?

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 937
Likes: 2
Moderator-Toshiba
*****
Offline
Moderator-Toshiba
*****
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 937
Likes: 2
The OP has not responded since the 3rd of April so I would presume he has fixed it by now.

Good suggestions by everyone hopefully stevenkaufhold will update the post to tell us what he had found was the cause.


Regards
Carl

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,308
Posts638,901
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,026 Shoretel
190,209 CTX100 install
188,384 1a2 system
Newest Members
dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks
49,771 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 19
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
dexman 4
Yoda 3
Who's Online Now
4 members (Touch Tone Tommy, Professor Shadow, jc2it, Toner), 150 guests, and 38 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5