I had to replace the base cabinet for the networked/pri SBX system I have installed. My customer arrrived on site this morning...took the phone system out of night mode and it crashed. They thought they must have done something but of course that was not the case.

When I arrived on site the expansion cabinet had no blinking watchdog light and there was only a serial number displayed on all phones. I reached up and checked my expansion cable and the system started back up...but only for a few seconds.

Then it locked up again. I could not reset it and a hard start only helped once. So with tech service on the phone I started removing cards. It turned out the system would not work with a voip card installed. We defaulted the system and that did no good.

The voip card would work in a different base cabinet. So I moved all cards to the new system, including voice mail, voip, pri and modem. I did this AFTER I uploaded the mose recent database backup which was only a few days old. I then powered up the system, and hung it on the wall. Actually vice versa.

I am sure that there may be a couple of options I need to tweak but they appear to be back up and running.

I think that there was a number of power outages during Irene and that caused some residual damage, which was more than just database corruption. It always gets me when a system fails over a weekend and is found dead on the first work day of the week.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.