web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#47936 02/28/06 05:51 PM
there is nothing definite on an executone system, i've seen too many weird things in field service to rule out any possibilities.
Tj

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#47937 02/28/06 06:11 PM
I only threw in that suggestion about power because there used to be a mind set in Ex-tone field service, that if it was weird then a hand pack was the answer.
Q: phone won't ring A:hand pack,
Q:station port won't answer. A: handpack
Q: speed dial don't work A: definite handpack.
It got to the point that Software Engineering stepped in and told them to stop. Too many people were complaining from the field that a lot of time was wasted handpacking (in some cases for days) only to find that the problem wasn't solved or wound up being a hardware issue. Just ask the executone techs who frequent this page, they can tell you.
You'll note that Rick is not mentioning anything about digital ports locking up, only single line ports. they have external power sources attached to them which the digital stations don't.
And once again it was only a suggestion, something that could be done quickly with very little effort before hours are wasted handpacking.
You want to get me started about weird Executone problems, talk to me sometime about Executone and ground problems.
Tj

Where's an ONEAC when you need one!

#47938 03/01/06 01:43 AM
Cos Offline
I am guessing that you have toggeled all the analog phone switches in the A screen - like analog phone and the SLI disconnect. Zeroed out all the timers and recalls. Set the hands free to no. Set the ring type to 2 (worked once for me). It sounds like the port is not disconnecting after a call. How about the Toll options in the options menu, any set to partial or all set to full, or maybe they are all set to no?

#47939 03/01/06 02:14 AM
pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
TJMCAPS,
I wasn't trying to pick on you at all.Just looking back and rereading the entire thread it seems like hardware has been ruled out and the fact that if he takes a "bad" sli port extension and puts it on a digital port it works ok.But if he puts it back on a sli port it won't work but a new,different extension number will.It is a weird problem to be sure and I admit I am guessing at a database error.I really hope that it gets resolved and we see what was causing it.
I understand what you are saying about field support as well,telling a tech to handpack a system was essentially telling them they didn't know and maybe didn't want to spend the time to figure out the real problem.Its an easy "fix" (for them)to tell someone to do that.
I'm sure that datatel appreciates all the responses and I truly hope he solves it.

#47940 03/01/06 07:29 AM
Thats why I suggest a permanent ext # change. I have avoided many hand pack situations by doing just that. That data associated with those ext #s is whats corrupt so just eliminate them!

#47941 03/01/06 07:47 AM
pvj Offline
"The only fix is to asssign a new extension number to the port until it dies again."

But what he said was that changing the extension number is a temporary fix until it happens again.
The problem doesn't go away permanently with an extension change.

#47942 03/01/06 10:10 AM
"Where's an ONEAC when you need one!"

Tj I knew that was you from ONEAC

#47943 03/01/06 05:17 PM
END Offline
Datatel,

If you think the problem is in the software, change the DNIS route.
(If DNIS 300 goes to X-3300 then move to X-3400, also move DNIS 400 with X- 3300)
Make sure X-3400 is an existing SLT port. (on an different SLT card)
If the problem moves to SLT port 3400, I also would switch fax machines.
While the problem is occurring look at the SLT keys programming, see if it’s 300-100.
(If the SLT is locked up, note what line the sub code is associated with)
If you have several faxes answering 1 DNIS number, I recommend using Auto Attendant to routing the calls. You can use hunt group (35, 37, etc) for in bound fax calls. (set the extension in a hunt group). You can also set the SLT ports for Prime line 901, 902, 903 etc. (this is done in extension programming) this will allow the SLT to dial out on a trunk group (1, 2 or 3 etc.). This will by pass LCR and the fax machines will no longer dial 9* or 91 for out bound calls. Instead they can be programmed for 7 or 11 digits only.
You can test this with a SLT port and your Butt set.
I would recommend a DTMF Combo card (6 DTMF receivers and 6 Digital Station ports) in each cabinet that has both T-1 card and a SLT installed.

If your fax machines have a high traffic volume, there could be a call collision issue.
Look at your reports for both inbound and outbound calls.

Good Luck!

#47944 03/07/06 07:30 AM
OK I may just have it.
How many DTMF receivers are in the system?
You mentioned a large volume of faxes. If no receivers are availabe for providing Dial tone it might cause a problem. Add a DTMF card, or reduce the SL DTMF timeout, or Prime line to a trunk group instead of LCR. :idea:

#47945 03/10/06 10:35 AM
I agree with the earlier post that Rick needs to check his disconnects to make sure the fax lines are actually releasing.
Hey Frankiephones, long time no talk to. I guess this is where the old timers go when there is no golf or baseball to be had.
End and Avidcom, those are great answers and sure sound a lot better that that dreaded two syllable word which was being flung about in the earlier posts.
Tj
"Where's an ONEAC when you need one!"

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,434 Shoretel
189,205 CTX100 install
187,447 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 107 guests, and 408 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024