web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#454504 11/28/10 02:12 PM
perhaps the ink would dry faster if used on PVC? Maybe the ink wouldn't dry fast on plenum jacketed wire

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#454505 11/28/10 03:11 PM
I think it would take less time, and be a method less susceptible to scraping, to use the number tags in the little book. And why would you need to have the number stamped in multiples on a single cable? Once it's terminated, the info is useless, anyway. It's not like all the wires will suddenly over the weekend decide to unhitch themselves from the jacks, and hide in the ceiling.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

#454506 11/28/10 03:18 PM
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
That's not 100% true Arthur. Had a client's CG who decided he wanted to change the patch panel to 110 from BIX so he pull all the wires off. Then he realized that he didn't have a 110 punch tool, so he called me to borrow my BIX tool. Just about busted a gut laughing.

Had to go to client's to re-terminate the cables. Would have been nice if the numbers were on the cables. Now I have no idea where they go, nor care for that matter.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
#454507 11/29/10 03:29 AM
Admin
Admin
Geeze MooreTel, that's not an exception, that's a "I fell down and won the lottery".

I would have toned each drop just to "enhance" the revenue. It started out with ID's, so why not keep them there? Don't feel bad for the customer, he's the one who beleved the CG could do the job and not call you.

Carl

#454508 11/29/10 03:42 AM
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
I agree with Carl, but from the perspective that at some point the CG is going to complain that none of the cables " match the jack numbers " at that point you will look incompetent. I would have punched them then down toned and renumbered the jacks not trying to pad the bill but give the customer a solid network

Ive yet to find stick on numbers that stick well with the humidity here they often peel and fall off so I'm usually left with a few cables to guess at

the gun is a good concept , if it works .

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
#454509 11/29/10 07:06 AM
The thing is boys & girl, this was done on a weekend, when a lot of the offices were locked; therefore I didn't have access.

I happened to see the owner later that night & explained it to him. He knows who screwed up & he thanked me for getting the PCs running again before Monday.

P.S.: I didn't wire most of the cables as they were in place before I took over the client. Mine were numbered on the cable, so those were terminated according to their number.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
#454510 11/30/10 03:00 AM
Originally posted by skip555:
... Ive yet to find stick on numbers that stick well with the humidity here they often peel and fall off so I'm usually left with a few cables to guess at ...
I've had good luck with 3M's ScotchCode marker books. They're a bit pricey, but they will stick to pretty much anything. Also, the adhesive stays gummy, so they can be removed/repositioned a couple of times if need be.

--
- Adam
#454511 12/02/10 09:21 AM
CTS Offline
Hi guys, just found this thread and wanted to make a comment on the ink concerns for the Tekgun. We have been having some issues with the white ink cartridges. Seems over a period of time the ink is either drying in the vacuum pack or the ink is pooling to one side of the cartridge, making it seem like it's dried up. Our black ink works very well and should be permanent within 15-20 seconds. We're looking for a new white or silver ink replacement. BadCable I would be more than happy to replace your white ink cartridge(s) with black. The Tekgun is designed as a rough in tool, most tech's make 2-4 impressions on each cable end to assure a good identification.

Also, our cable hangers are made here in the USA and are UL Plenum rated. We're a new manufacturing company and want to work out any issues. We plan on being around a long time and making products to hopefully make the installers job easier and quicker! Thanks guys...and sorry for the white ink issues. Dale

#454512 12/02/10 09:34 AM
welcome Dale

thanks for info it makes me little more confident buying from a manufacturer that listens and cares

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
#454513 12/02/10 10:01 AM
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Cts, I am interested in using your gun instead of the Panduit vinyl write on labels that I use now. That would be on the destination end. On the frame end I use T&B flag tie wraps. I have to write the number on the flag but I like the ties, because I can move them up the wire close to a 66 block or the patch panel.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,430 Shoretel
189,201 CTX100 install
187,442 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 420 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024