Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Originally posted by Z-man:
You can pick up used Ace's for about $75. Whether your T-1 card has a built in CSU depends on the manufactor. Nortel does. Some Avaya cards do. I can't speak for any of the others.
Which ace can you buy for $75? I thought they were about $475?

Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
You can get Adtran ACE CSU, non-display. Two on ebay going for $15 each right now. About a day left.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
OK this may sound like a dumb question. Is there a standard log in for Smart Jacks like the Adtran H2TUR. I know you can use Procom but what settings do you have to change in order to login.
One of our local land line companies is telling me it is nnot possible to change the LBO on these cards and my equipment is not going to come into service until it is increased.
Thanks

Rick Slone
The H2TU-R (HDSL 2-wire remote card) is Network terminating equipment. This card ends the regulated piece of the local circuit. It’s NOT a DSU/CSU and belongs to the Telco and should not be accessed by a non-regulated company’s technician…. That unit would be THE DEMARC in most cases.

The LEC person you spoke with must have been mis-informed (that’s a nice way for me to put it.) I suggest pushing back on them to change you LBO settings on the unit. The default setting is 0-133 ft. It can be set up to as far as 533-655 ft.

Again I’ll state, “THIS IS NOT A PIECE OF EQUIPMENT YOU SHOULD BE INTERFACING WITH!” … That being said, if I were in your position I’d change it myself too! wink :shhh:

Here’s a link to Adtran’s I&M pratice on the HDSL2 remote unit:
https://www.adtran.com/adtranpx/Doc/0/F5OGTS8PGEJ494J150A9PH2T2A/61223226L2-5A.pdf

-----------------------
Bryan
LEC Provisioning Engineer
Cars -n- Guitars Racin' (retired racer Oct.'07)
Adtran NIU's are typically 9600, 8N1. You could place a CSU between the smartjack and your equipment, and set the LBO on the CSU to cover the distance.

Sorry to hi-jack this thread, but, I have tried to connect this CSU to Time Warners PRI interface & it does'nt work. If I plug it directly into the SBC smart jack, it works.
It must be a pin-out issue, but I have'nt had time to play with it.

www.phonelinetech.com

"Can I Still Call Out?"
How is Time Warner delivering their PRI? You might need to use a T1 crossover cable. T1 uses pins 1,2,4 & 5.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I am in agreement with Kyle. Ours here required a crossover cable. While it's true that you can get by without a CSU, we have had instances with video over PRI that failed miserably without the CSU being there. Maybe voice traffic is more tolerant than video?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
I tried a cross-over cable...no dice...

We actually have this at our office. I still need to find the time to play with this, but, when I came across this at a customer site, I got a replacement and tried it at our office. Pins 1,2,4,5 straight from Time Warners channel bank to my NEC IPKI. When I put this CSU in between, no connection indication, when I plug it into the SBC smart-jack, I get connection indication...weird...

www.phonelinetech.com

"Can I Still Call Out?"
Admin
Admin
Every Time Warner Versa pack bank we have worked with required a flip of the pairs between the bank and customer premise equipment. No CSU in line.

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,827
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,559 Shoretel
189,432 CTX100 install
187,598 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (BrianS, newtecky), 134 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024