Support Service-Disabled Veterans!
Discount software from Direct Deals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#176064 01/27/11 09:44 AM
Hi. I am new to a company that is having trouble with their Telrad VOIP system. The local guru's don't seem to have an answer for us but to replace the TVSE card every time the system goes down if ejecting and reseating the card does not work.

The Analog (4 wire) phones continue to work during the outage but we only use a handfull of them, just the VOIP are down. VOIP phones account for about 80 percent of the phones we have.

I am told their is no telrad support available since the company is gone and we should continue like we are doing. Pull, reseat. If nothing, call local phone guys to sell us a "refurbished" TVSE. I feel like we keep getting "POPPED".

I maintained a BCM450 at my old job, and every time it went down, we knew what was going on because we looked at the logs for clues, and we didn't let the phones just shut down every few days.

What options do I have with the Telrad system if it is truely a dieing breed? Are their other bpx systems that can use the telrad phones?

I see a couple people that say they can provide support for this system. Is it worth supporting?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Telrad is still alive and kicking I don't know why you were told they are gone. I would suspect it's your pipe and not the TVSE, you should get with SSPhone as he is a Telrad guru and can probably help you out with your problem.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
Administrator
Administrator
As dtmf has said Telrad is alive and well. In fact Telrad International is now the distributor for all of North America.
The TVSe is a Lynux PC hook a monitor and keyboard to it and see if you see errors.
What the say about no support maybe only to them. If they are telling you Telrad is gone maybe it's because they are not a Telrad Dealer anymore. And if you are not a dealer you don't get Tech Support.

We can offer remote Tech support for you. We use WebEx services to access and train on programming and troubles.

There is a Keyboard and Monitor hooked up to it but all it shows is a login prompt. If any errors come up, will it show up on the screen?

I didn't try hitting ctrl F1 or so can't recall the exact keys to get to the other displays on lynux.

By the way, Thank you guys for answering me. I wasn't alerted that anyone answered so I just kept on waiting.

Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
If you have a login screen the TVSE card is not going down. Check to see if the run light is blinking when the phones are off.

I would try contacting a moderator for phone support! Anyone of the moderators can help you.

I would not re-seat the card or reset the system without properly shutting down the TVSE card and IPEX 1st (if you have an IPEX).

Also on a side note Telrad is still in business.

Thank Tony, SSPhone and DTFM.

All the IP phones are down right now, and some of the phones are not doing anything and read on the LCD

ERR: start data link

Others are in some sort of loop with these screens

Initialization ST3015IP->Welcome Initializing

and then

Please Wait

File Config Error: Err 0X7

nfig: ftpxfer auto1!
connegy_HandleFileCo

Does this mean anything? Let me know if you guys can help with this info.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Disconnect from the network and go directly to a hub and see if the TVSE comes up and works.And also make sure there is no IP address in the network which is identical to those of the TVSe Server or the VOC modules.
As Tony posted above, it isn't wise to just re-seat the TVSE, you must properly shut it down as to not create problems or even ruin it, they shouldn't have told you to do that period!

DTMF, you said "TVSE comes up and works"

You mean plug a phone in and see if it comes up, right?

Is there any way to detect a duplicate IP on the network?

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
What you want to do is see if you have any IP conflicts between the TVSE and the network which would be to take a look at the settings, at this point I would suggest you have someone remote in to and check it out, I'm not set up for it be I see Steve has offered that service.

Thanks DTMF,

SSPhone, Can you help determin if there is an IP conflict?

One more question, lets say we have one bad phone, would it shut down the entire system or would just one phone mess up? Its weird that every location's phones die when this happens, not just one location or one phone.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
One bad set shouldn't shut down the whole thing.

I'm guessing it's Duplicate IP of TVSe Server or VOC module on the IP Server. But again this is just a guess.

Does it make a difference between using a hub or a standard switch? I don't think I have just a hub anymore. I want to put the hub in line with the the main network cable connected to the phone system.

Also, If you are considering it being in the network, Why would resetting the TVSE card cause the phones to all come back up?

Administrator
Administrator
Sorry for the delayed reply. I've been out of state on a install all last week.

hr you need to know some basic networking to service IP parts of the system. I can offer support for your system / TVSe but it cant be done by typing back and forth on here. And that would fall outside of the end user support that this forum is designed to offer anyway.

The logo One Ring Telecom at the top of the page will take you to my site and give you my contact info. Have your credit card handy and we will do what we can over the phone.

You will need to know the external IP address of the TVSe and have ports 22 and 23 open on the firewall if you want us to connect to the TVSe.

I do not think we have the exernal IP set up, we are connected to each location through VPN. Maybe we can do a goto meeting or something to get you to our inside network.

Next time it goes down, I'll make sure the screen is up for the TVSE server and no error messages, also, I'll plug a phone in and make sure it can't connect.

Administrator
Administrator
We have WebEx support service. We can setup a support session to a PC on the network and look at the system and TVSe settings. You do know the web administrators password, right?

Phones just went down and I got a bunch of INode errors on the screen. How can I post them here?

I am not sure I have the administrators password.

https://www.marswegen.com/test/IMG_20110208.jpg

Here is a link to the picture of the screen. Looks like I need a hard drive. IDE0, EXT3, that all looks like linux saying something wrong with the main hard drive 0.

SSPhone, will use your services now since we have a starting place, We just needed a place to start. Is there anything I need to get before I call you, like another hard drive?

Administrator
Administrator
That looks more like a PC issue not just a hard drive. I will send you a PM.

SSphone, Thank you. Just a quick update. When the screen fills up with the error messages, the run light stays on constant, the reset button does not work, and the shutdown button does not work. I tried a quick push, and long presses.

The run light blinks on and off slowly when it is running normal.

Another quick update. We replaced the TVSE card with one the SSPhone sold us and it has been running without a bump ever since.

We are very happy with the telrad system now.

Thank you for all your help.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  SSPhone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Topics
Need hard reset of TD308
by Alan_G - 09/16/24 12:03 PM
DB Programming Software for 8.235
by LukeE. - 09/10/24 07:36 PM
Vertical MBX Voicemail box greeting upload
by BurleyTech - 09/10/24 12:25 PM
Telephone dude in retirement
by Professor Shadow - 09/09/24 07:31 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,393
Posts639,301
Members49,804
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Newest Members
LukeE., BurleyTech, Kobusvant, irjeffb, ALEXKINGTHESUN
49,804 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 14
dexman 10
Seth W 8
pvj 8
teleco 6
Who's Online Now
2 members (Alan_G, nfcphoneman), 165 guests, and 94 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998 - 2024