web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
New to forum. I am an end user that just installed a Partner ACS system. Using the PC Administration software downloaded from AVAYA website. Everything works fine except I can't open any of the files downloaded from the internal memory of the 509 processor module. I get the error that the version is not supported. Feature 59 shows: ACS R7.0 910. Can make up a 7.0 xmg file and send it, and works OK. Windows XP Pro on computer. Tried saving to different types of drives with no luck. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

My guess is that it's one of two things:

ACS R7.0 910 is brand-spanking new. It may be that you have found it's first bug.

My other thought is that there's something corrupt with your installation of PC Admin. In order to save a config as an XMG file, you must first download the Partner translations into PC Admin, and THEN save it to disk. So it seems like there's nothing wrong with the readability of the config as it arrives from the switch, only in the readability of the file as PC Admin wrote it. You've tried saving to different discs, so it can't be a bad block/sector thing. Try reinstalling PC Admin.

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
OP Offline
Thanks for the reply. Had already re-downloaded and reinstalled PC Administration. Didn't help. Might take it home and install on my win2k computer, though doubt it will help. The main problem, really just an annoyance, is that each time you send the file to the processor module, you have to go to the ext. 10 phone and put the system password back in. But I always have thought things should work properly.

Are you talking about the Remote Administration Password (#730)?

If so, go to the console at x10 or x11 and put in the password and then perform a backup (#124). The next time you grab the config with PC Admin, the RAS password info will be downloaded with it. There isn't a structure, field or other visible record in PC Admin's GUI to indicate the presence of that password, but I assure you that those steps will work.

I'm also curious if you're using a modem to talk to this thing or the Admin port. It used to be that only a RAS connection needed that password, but it has since been required for the Admin port as well. Most techs prefer using a console phone to administer the switch, but there are a few benefits to using PC Admin. You may have to revert to console programming if the problem you originally described turns out to be a bug in the "O" patch.

Always easier to use extension 10 or 11 to administer the system. I could program from scratch in less time than it takes to get PC Admin up and running.

Only thing it's good for is remote administration if you are 100 miles away. Only other people who use it are people who are not familiar with the system and think it's going to do the programming for them.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
I think that your problem is that you started with a blank configuration on the PC, made your configuration changes to it, uploaded that to the ACS, and restored the ACS to get the file to work.

BUT, remember that the password is located on the ACS, NOT in the translation file.

So, when you upload that new cofig, it doesn't include the password - the ACS restarts with the new info, but a p/w isn't included.

So, what you really should do is download a translation file from a DEFUALTED ACS, that has only a password set in it, and save that as your starting place for new systems.

In the case of our original poster, since this is the only system that you will administer, put a password in the ACS, download the current translations by having the GUI do the backup and download, then you will have a file to work from that includes the p/w.

Exactly!

I am currently configuring a T1 for a Partner. The only way to configure is through PC Admin. Otherwise, I'd recommend the telephone programming. It can get confusing configuring a system using PC Admin, between receiving the configuration file from the Partner, changing it, then sending back the programmed changes to the system.

OP Offline
Thanks for all the help. To Touch Tone Tommy, yes I did try to get the translation file from the processor unit, and it does make it to the PC, but the PC Admin software won't load it, says it's not a compatable version. So yes, then I did make a new file and send it to the ACS. If you open the file from the ACS with notepad, you can see the password in there. And yes you are correct, the file I have uploaded does not have the password in it, and that's the problem, I can't open the files that come from the ACS. Actually I find the software a whole lot easier than punching buttons on the phone, and believe we will be more apt to use some of the features than if we had to program only by phone. Also wanted to say how impressed I am at how fast you guys respond to this stuff-Thanks.

The new ACS firmware is obviously adding something weird to the saved XMG file that PC Admin doesn't recognize when trying to open said file. If you don't mind, I'd love to have a copy of any one of those XMG files that fail to load. My email address can be found in my profile.

Lastly, what version of PC Admin was shipped with this processor? I'm curious if version 7.0.0.9 is still the latest available. Start the program and choose Help, then About PC Administration to find the version.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,429 Shoretel
189,200 CTX100 install
187,439 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 132 guests, and 404 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024