Business Phone Systems

Support Service-Disabled Veterans!
Discount software from Direct Deals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I do not know how many of you repair at a component level or manufacture some sort of accessory requiring some obsolete discrete electronics and/or integrated circuits, but as of July 31, 2024 NTE Electronics (NTE Inc.) is no more.

I went to look up a cross reference for an IC and their website was 404 not found. Strangely many search engine links still exist, but lead to the same result.

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/nte-going-down.1049175/

I suppose there will still be suppliers which have NTE Parts stock. As items become more short in supply the price will increase drastically I'm sure.

It's really too bad.

"Most people don't have a sense of humor. They think they do, but they don't." --Jonathan Winters
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I still do occasionally for my home projects - and fortunately still have a small supply of basic components, like transistors, ICs, resistors, capacitors, relays etc. I miss the days of going to a Radio Shack 3 miles away. The only electronics store in my state closed about 2 years ago, then more recently the online (originally catalog & ordering via mail) store I'd use, All Electronics closed. I was never there, but saw it many times when traveling in Mass. - You-Do-it Electronics, That closed in June.

Not sure if Digi Key would have obsolete components. There are still a few online stores selling surplus electronics. I've never tried eBay. Amazon seems to have a decent stock. I just looked at Jan Electronics which is in my state but some links on the website aren't working.

Admin
Admin
I'm lucky to have a small electronics shop near by. They carry a lot of the common parts and can get many items if you can wait a few days. They do ship so check them out.

H.R. Distributors

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
2 members like this: jeffmoss26, DonaldR
Originally Posted by Keyset6
Not sure if Digi Key would have obsolete components. There are still a few online stores selling surplus electronics. I've never tried eBay. Amazon seems to have a decent stock. I just looked at Jan Electronics which is in my state but some links on the website aren't working.

One thing I find annoying about Digi-Key is the addition the Tariff surcharge added to each order.

Mouser does not do that.

I do shop both when I need to order a quantity of parts. There are several other online surplus parts vendors as well. Futurlec comes to mind https://www.futurlec.com/ I needed and found photo cells there for an auto answer phone line project.

There is also Galco.com and Surplus Sales of Nebraska https://www.surplussales.com/ to name a few.

"Most people don't have a sense of humor. They think they do, but they don't." --Jonathan Winters
Originally Posted by metelcom
I'm lucky to have a small electronics shop near by. They carry a lot of the common parts and can get many items if you can wait a few days. They do ship so check them out.

H.R. Distributors

In the 1980s and prior there were a plethora of electronics parts stores in the area where I live in Los Angeles County/South Bay.

There was, Lafayette Electronics, Inglewood Electronics, ITC (two stores), Neptune Electronics which was appropriately named being so close to the pier in San Pedro.

Cash Electronics in Torrance California which was open until 9:00PM Monday through Saturday until 9:00pm. They stocked most every NTE part you could imagine.

Signal Electronics in Torrance at Ocean and Sepulveda Blvd.

There was still All Electronics in Burbank which closed there doors in August of 2023.

The only Mom and Pop electronics parts store left in the area is Torrance Electronics in Torrance on Carson Blvd., and that's it.

BTW your https://www.hrdistributors.com/ home page is showing as "Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead"

Admin
Admin
Strange the link I have goes to their web site but the one you posted gives a warning.

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Strange the link I have goes to their web site but the one you posted gives a warning.
Probably due to the Browser/Settings as the website still used HTTP and not HTTPS the more secure of the two.

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
The only link that works at HRDistibutors is https://STORE.hrdistributors.com. The 'Home", "About US" or 'Contact Us'' options all return a 404 error. The shopping cart still works. I would say order at your peril.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.

H.R. Distributors

Looks like a good source for parts, at least looking at the links I could get to. Switches are priced very reasonably. Tried 'About Us' and other links and like others got the safety warning then a 404 error. I'm also in New England so shipping costs may be reasonable.

Originally Posted by DonaldR
One thing I find annoying about Digi-Key is the addition the Tariff surcharge added to each order.

Mouser does not do that....

I forgot about Mouser!

Last edited by Keyset6; 09/07/24 01:31 PM.
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
H.R.'s website hasn't been updated since 2014. Doesn't look good. ack
I called their telephone number and after numerous rings their answering machine picked up...so they are still in business.

I Love FEATURE 00
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Topics
DB Programming Software for 8.235
by LukeE. - 09/10/24 07:36 PM
Vertical MBX Voicemail box greeting upload
by BurleyTech - 09/10/24 12:25 PM
Telephone dude in retirement
by Professor Shadow - 09/09/24 07:31 PM
Cisco ATA REN
by Keyset6 - 09/09/24 08:22 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,392
Posts639,299
Members49,804
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Newest Members
LukeE., BurleyTech, Kobusvant, irjeffb, ALEXKINGTHESUN
49,804 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 14
dexman 10
Seth W 8
pvj 8
teleco 6
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 219 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998 - 2024