web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Site Sponsor: Direct Deals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#646406 05/24/24 03:42 PM
We need to get a new phone system, but I do not know what Hello, I am wondering if I can get any help with a mitel sx-50 system,
I realize it is quite past eol, it has been working great.

The mitel system is installed in a hotel:

we have 3 lines coming into the building
3 trunks - 73 74 75
there are 56 extensions
dial 8 to get out except for 911 (doesnt need an extension)

in April the system went completely dead, we replaced the power supply, and had to reprogram the system. We put the system on a battery backup, and everything seemed to be working fine till the beginning of May.

The phone system started ringing off the hook, and per a tech's instructions we reset the system, or powercycled the system. The cr2032 battery was installed in 1994, and ofcourse was bad, and lost programming for a 2nd time. We had to reprogram the system again, and things seemed to be working fine again until it started ringing off the hook again, throwing A 10 0073, 0074, 0075, NO TRUNK LOOP CURRENT 10/ 02.

There is a phone plugged into a power failed jack to get incoming calls, now that line is being tied up and can't take calls or call out.

We are using Spectrum for Phone/Internet, could this be a problem with their system?

Or is there some troubleshooting I can do to take care of this?is available out there,

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

lyte #646410 05/25/24 02:52 AM
Admin
Admin
My mother was born in Rockford, and my grandparents and aunt and uncle lived in WI. Where are you? Wisconsin is a fairly large state.

Now, Do you need a phone system or repair? In today's climate, repairing an analog phone system without modern features can be done, but my insurance agent frowns on such activity. Magic numbers are 32+24. Two gateways, a control unit, and one or two IP phones and you have a phone system for the 21st century.

Just a thought. You might make a request for a service call, telling us where in WI you're located. Or you might want to budget about $4-7K for a new system. If you live near a major city and have a strong internet service, you might consider VoIP trunks. Spectrum loves to charge $40/line. Cutting that $120/month fee in half is a good start to paying back that $1400 yearly charge.

Carl

This model is end of life
Hello, we are near Green Bay, I was told today to look into phone systems, to find the "Best" one out there.

Any tips would be appreciated. I was looking into Free PBX, but I need a full solution, we need to move the 25 pair lines upstairs to a closet, the phone system is currently in a mechanical room that is exposed to a lot of moisture, and humidity, it is ridiculous it was installed there in the 1st place.

Currently we have 3 lines, toll free number, I am not sure if that is one of the lines, then 56 inhouse extensions, I would like a few more, some phone jacks are currently not being used and I want them traced.

Thanks for your response, and any help.

David

lyte #646420 05/28/24 10:09 AM
Admin
Admin
You're a step closer, but this requires a site visit and/or glossy pictures. The mechanics are simple. You run network cables to closets, run a few jumpers, and power up the system. The two brands I sell, use boxes called gateways. It's easier that way because you need only a network cable and electricity to a closet near the cables. The downside of that is you can't just "reboot" the entire system.

Also, once you start talking about relocating cables, the expense increases. Are the existing connections rusty or green from the moisture? An SX-50 can be broken down into two areas: the PBX and the house cables. You can trace the bundle of 25 pair cables from the SX-50 and you probably count 4 for extensions and 1 for the trunks, so 5 or 6 total cables although all 10 could be in place. Now, you need a pathway from the frame to your new closet, or there may already be an intermediate closet (IDF) somewhere else in the building. It may be possible to drop 3 25-pair cables from a new closet to the equipment room to feed all of your extensions, BUT SOMEONE HAS TO SEE THE STRUCTURE!

Good luck,

Carl

This model is end of life
What are reputable companies to get phone systems from?

We need new in-room phones, Management phones, and at least 1 cordless phone.

I appreciate your help and feedback so far, would be nice to discuss this with somebody. I am doing further research on my end.

Each room and extension has a "RJ11" Jack
Each "RJ-11" wire comes through 2 sources, mostly from a pipe from the underfloor, rest from the ceiling from above, to punch down blocks.

There are 5 - 25 pair cables going from the punchdown blocks to SX-50.

Eventually, it would be ideal to have the equipment regarding phone, internet, tv, all in a separate closet, we can run any cables locally, we just need the brain power for installation/configuration.

I have pictures if needed to explain the system.

lyte #646422 05/28/24 08:21 PM
Do you need the phone system to connect to a PMS (Property Management System)?

smile
Eventually, we will be upgrading the PMS, not sure ETA on that though. I am in the process of doing software demos, I am kind of leaning towards Opera Cloud, we use Opera PMS V5.0 atm but not going to integrate to that now.

Any suggestions would be good.

lyte #646424 05/28/24 09:58 PM
PMed

smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Topics
Verizon Acquiring Frontier Communications?
by dexman - 09/04/24 10:04 PM
OS 7030
by Bushmills - 09/03/24 12:42 PM
Barbed Wire telephone network
by Toner - 09/01/24 10:24 AM
Upgrade to UBB 8.0.0
by Toner - 08/31/24 04:29 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,387
Posts639,270
Members49,800
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Newest Members
irjeffb, ALEXKINGTHESUN, Will4445, Polaris2024, Tech423
49,800 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
dexman 9
Seth W 8
teleco 6
pvj 6
Yoda 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 223 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998 - 2024