Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
sonny88 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello, need help on how does the company directory work via the CCR? First name or last name, then the first 3 letters but to no avail.

Thanks in advance.
Sonny

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

sonny88 Offline OP
OP Offline
Another thing, not sure why calls to reception 101 does NOT go to voicemail and just goes back to VSF 1 on both external calls being transferred to stn 101 and through DID?

client has a PRI line.
Thanks.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Company Directory plays name as soon as it recognizes enough digits, there is no set number. Names have to typed in under voice mail attributes pgm 127 and the user needs to record name as well by dialing 542.

Preset call fwd has to set for the extension in pgm 120. I suggest you do all this thru pc admin.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
sonny88 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Derrick. Both are working now...but recorded name by dialing 563 instead of 542.

Client is asking if possible to show both the number and name on their inbound caller-id.

sonny88 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi guys, anyone who's experienced the Summit w/PRI lines wherein some incoming calls are not getting through.

Sometimes getting a recorded message that lines are unavailable and sometimes lines are just busy but obviously some of the 10 lines are idle...mostly more than 5 lines are idle.

I've checked with the carrier a couple of times and no monitored downtimes on the PRI circuit.

Also, any advise on how to improve or shorten the delay in dialing-out. It's taking around 8 to 11secs before a ringback tone.

Thanks again for the help and have a great weekend!
Sonny

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Tell your customer to add # at the end of an outbound number...it will go thru immediately. Inbound you should check with the carrier and make sure they have the circuits set for most idle or top down terminal hunt and all are in one inbound trunk group.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Originally Posted by sonny88
Also, any advise on how to improve or shorten the delay in dialing-out. It's taking around 8 to 11secs before a ringback tone.

In PGM 140, set "Prefix Table ID" to equal "1" for each of the PRI channels.

In PGM 206, you need to configure the Prefix Dialing Table according to the dial-plan used in your area. Lets start with Index 1.

Prefix Code = 1 (This will be used for Long Distance calls)
Table ID = 1 (This is the Prefix Table ID we used for our PRI channels)
Min Digit = 0
Max Digit = 11 (Because long distance will be 11 digits)
Leave the rest of the settings as default.

I'm going to assume that you use 7 digit dialing in your area. So, let's go to Index 2.

Prefix Code = 2 (This will be used for 7 digit calls that start with 2)
Table ID = 1 (PRI Channels are using Table ID 1)
Min Digit = 0
Max Digit = 7 (because we're building this for 7 digit dialing beginning with "2")
The rest of the settings will be default.

Now, complete Index's 3-9 using the same as you did for "2", except you'll change the Prefix code to be 3-9.

Now the system knows that a user is through entering digits after 7 digits, or 11 digits. For instance, if someone dials 222-5555, the call will be sent to the carrier because of the settings in Index 2. The call started with "2", so the system knows a user will only dial 7 digits max.

These same settings will apply to SIP Trunks.

Of course you can also do as Derrick mentioned and have your users dial #.

sonny88 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Derrick and nfcphoneman.

I have advised them to temporarily press # sign to suppress the digits which have cut the delay a bit. Will try ncphoneman's config by nextweek.

By the way, they are still having intermittent problems with their inbound although I've checked with the carrier and they told me that they haven't notice any downtime on the PRI at all.

Is there some kind of diagnostics that we can run with the summit to see or to monitor any downtimes or abnormalities with the PRI?

Thanks again and have a great weekend!
sonny

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I suggest you check with the carrier as to how they have the pri hunting set up...sounds to me like all 10 circuits are not in one group. Also, I had a situation once where my system was using a frac pri..16 circuits but the telco set the pri for 23...that doesn't work very well.

www.myrandomviews

sonny88 Offline OP
OP Offline
HI Derrick, I was able to verify that all the 10 PRI-channels are in one group and I able to clarify with the carrier that they only have 10-channel PRI.

Now, we've captured trace data to be sent to Vertical for review.

Thanks again.
Sonny

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,395 Shoretel
189,119 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (Professor Shadow, Toner, JBean3329), 133 guests, and 411 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024