web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
What does it mean when you plug in an extension and the display doesnt light but when you push buttons the phone beaps and if you push a button that has a light on it it will beep and light up. Do I have a reversed wire?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RCA Offline
That or maybe an open. With this system, sometimes it will save time if you start with the port. Make up a jack that you can punch directly on the port/block keeping in mind your correct reversal of the blue pair. If the phone doesnt work its either the phone or the port, or maybe the line cord. Once you have established the port and the phone are good, properly cross connect it to the jack and test there.

Rhett
OP Offline
What does that mean the correct reversal of the blue pair?

Inter-Tel is always a little excentric on their cabling. With the Axxess it's needing a 2 pair cord for a one pair connection. :bang: They chose to us the orange pair to power the phone and leave out the blue pair. The only advantage to that is being able to use either a direct trunk or the station line at any jack in the house if you choose to wire it that way. Sorry, that was a side rant. Back to your issue.

On the Premier you have to purposely wire a pair backwards. What that means is that somewhere along the way, you have to flip that pair and connect the w/b to where the b/w goes and vice versa. Some prefer to do it at the jack, others at the station block. I often did it at the jacks so that the station blocks were consistent, but Merritt pointed out that he prefers to do it at the station block so he can test the phones right there using a mod-tap.

Here's a good thread for you that talks about it.

https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/4/t/000822.html#000012

OP Offline
Is it possible to program and IVX500 IE changing the auto attendant greeting and call routing without the programming software? Also do I need the software or can I work with this unit Via Hyperterm?

Thanks

You have to have the IVX500 software to program it. You also have to have the right modtap adapter to connect to it unless you plan to modem in. Major PITA...

ShoreTel, Inter-Tel, Mitel, NEC, Zeacom, Cisco, Digium, Adtran Certified
http://www.voipnetworkengineering.blogspot.com
OP Offline
oK, I am so proud of me and thankful to everyone for helping me, this was nothing like the Vodavi I had. I have a question about the voice mail I was able to get it all connected and I went in and cleared mailboxes etc.

Here is my question, when you call into EAITHER its extension or when you dial the main CO number it acts as if its just answering in mailbox mode and not auto attendant mode. I hope that makes sense. In other words wether you call into a CO or call into one of its 4 ports it says "To Leave a message please enter the mailbox number, for the directory press *, or somthing like that, when I enter an extension number it sends right to VM. How can I get it to transfer the call to the exstenion and we didnt answer it would then put you into voicemail?

Make sense at all? LOL I confused myself. Thanks for all the help.

PS SHould I have started a new topic for this? Sorry I am new

RCA Offline
Im guessing that you properly setup a Voice Hunt Group in the phone system and have the correct extensions in there.

In the VM, did you program the correct system in- Miscellaneous Information/Telephone System Interface? Did you set up your CRA's in- Applications/Port Pragramming?

Rhett
OP Offline
The phone system I am able to program but the voice mail box itself I am not able to program. So I am working with the way it was programmed before comming to me. So I am not sure how it is set although I do know that Greeting 3 was the day greeting and greeting 4 was the night greeting.

RCA Offline
I assumed you defaulted everything and started from scratch.

It sounds maybe your just having trouble recording the day and night greeting, correct? Have you tried recording the greetings?

Rhett
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,410 Shoretel
189,170 CTX100 install
187,428 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (EV607797), 138 guests, and 419 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024