web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
bpitt #562477 12/09/13 05:22 PM
One of the most unique aspects of New York, more striking than even the most spectacular monument or the grandest skyscraper, is the attitude of the people who live there. When you first experience it, the New York attitude can seem rude but, if you take the time to understand why they adopt this tough external shell, you will come to see that it is not rudeness ... or, at least, not exactly.

New York is a tough place to live. Few places on Earth are as competitive at every level of society - simply getting from one end of a street to the other can be a challenge in this busy, overcrowded metropolis. New Yorkers live at a frantic pace because, for them, every second genuinely does count. For most people, their rent wipes out a frighteningly large portion of their monthly earnings, forcing them into a continual game of catch-up and, buddy, you'd better not get in their way.

You will come across the brusque New York attitude in practically every situation in which people interact with other people. New Yorkers themselves, when you query them on it, tend to see the typical attitude of their city as being a mixture of toughness, bravery and plain-talking, all mixed in with a dash of being overworked. They will reluctant admit that they can see how visitors might, just possibly, perceive this as rudeness but they find it hard to believe that anyone would prefer the sunny West Coast attitude, which they perceive as being horribly fake and insincere.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

bpitt #562483 12/09/13 06:28 PM
We New Yorkers have an attitude that is finely honed by having to deal with typical corn-fed Mid-Western rubes who stand around gaping at the monuments and skyscrapers while we try to get to the other end of the block to make a month's rent in three weeks.

(Just kidding...see how these social prejudgments and biases aren't so funny when you're on the receiving end?)

New York shopkeepers and business people are the way they are ("brusque" is an understatement) because we hear the mantra all day, every day: "I want, I need, I should have, I deserve, I'm entitled...doesn't it come in other colors...I can get it cheaper on Amazon."

As my old pal Frankie so eloquently put it "If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere." Put another way "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."

New Yorkers, being at the Center of the Universe, lead.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

bpitt #562485 12/09/13 06:40 PM
RIP Moderator-General
RIP Moderator-General
It looks like to me Barry started out "IMO" trying to do the next good thing, offer his services to someone who can use them. Not trying to make a buck or promote anything just do something we should all think about from time to time..Now it has gone to jumping on NY, Churches,Red Cross etc; Let's give it a rest and try to help a guy out that wants to really do the right thing.

Thanks...

...bob...

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

"As long as nobody's dead or in jail, it can't be all that bad ! "
Wellco #562488 12/09/13 06:55 PM
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Originally Posted by Wellco
It looks like to me Barry started out "IMO" trying to do the next good thing, offer his services to someone who can use them. Not trying to make a buck or promote anything just do something we should all think about from time to time..Now it has gone to jumping on NY, Churches,Red Cross etc; Let's give it a rest and try to help a guy out that wants to really do the right thing.

Thanks...

...bob...

amen thumbsup

I Love FEATURE 00
bpitt #562498 12/09/13 07:40 PM
bpitt Offline OP
OP Offline
....darn...did I just start the Civil War over again?

bpitt #562512 12/09/13 09:30 PM
I'm not going to knock donating a system to a church or non profit. While I haven't donated a system to a church, I have sold and installed them. Guess who goes to church? Other business owners who might need a system. I have gotten work because of this. It's all about networking.

St Petersburg
Wellco #562514 12/09/13 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by Wellco

He asked, I replied. What may work where he is isn't always a smart thing to do someplace else.

Like they used to say in the military, never volunteer for anything.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
bpitt #562519 12/09/13 10:10 PM
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
if you vet the organization you can give a group a gift of something they wouldn't have otherwise

Case in point I recently installed /donated a ACS with a small partner VM card and a couple of 18 d display phones ..all stuff I had sitting on the shelf.

the 30 year old 501c non profit works out of a home office and the director was using a uniden cordless system with four phones and a answering machine (which is still hooked up to ext 10 )

By adding the AA I've saved the director a ton of time with three selections going to answer only mail box's that take care of the bulk of inquires. plus everyone is commenting how professional they now appear

its not a place they would have put their limited funds

there are other non profits with plenty of funding who pay my regular rates I wouldn't give a freebie to just anyone

there are plenty of groups in every community who do good and could truly benefit from the donation ...no need to look south of the border or to other continents .

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Why don't you contact the local Rotary Club? It is a organized international service organization that can direct you locally or internationally.

Moderator-Comdial
Moderator-Comdial
Originally Posted by phonman123
Why don't you contact the local Rotary Club? It is a organized international service organization that can direct you locally or internationally.

Excellent advise! Jump on to Rotary.org to find clubs in your area.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,595 Shoretel
189,482 CTX100 install
187,648 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, Bob3470), 173 guests, and 332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024