Business Phone Systems

Support Service-Disabled Veterans!
Discount software from Direct Deals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
The provider is Verizon, but I think its a part of Verizon that was the old MCI. They have not installed any equipment at the customer's site, other than a smart jack. In fact, the facilities are so old here that the building is served by a lead covered underground cable.
The Panasonic Rev 4 does not support PRI, only plain vanilla T1. For PRI I would have to upgrade it to at least a Rev6, and PRI cards seem scarce and expensive.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Originally Posted by andyphones
The provider is Verizon, but I think its a part of Verizon that was the old MCI.

Is the circuit coded as xxHCGS123456 or xxHCGL123456?

Here's why I'm asking:

If you have a HCGL, that's a regular Verizon Core T1, and you're out of luck.

Should the circuit be HCGS, that's Verizon Business (formerly MCI) and you *might* get them to provision it the way that you need it to be...

Good luck.

"...Time moves slowly and it goes so fast..."

(Sandy Denny)
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Yes, the TD-1232 has optional modules that support CID on a per four-line basis. I agree that there must be a channel bank providing the delivery to the system from MCI (now Verizon Business).

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
In Verizon New England Telephone territory "xx/HCGS/xxxxxx" as well as "xx/HCGL/xxxxxx" are both used by Verizon Core.

I Love FEATURE 00
Originally Posted by dexman
In Verizon New England Telephone territory "xx/HCGS/xxxxxx" as well as "xx/HCGL/xxxxxx" are both used by Verizon Core.

Just goes to show how different things can be between the two states...

In NY(city), we install and maintain all of these, but once you see HCGS (which is 99.9% of the time) you know that there's another provider - be it Verizon Business, AT&T, Covad or whoever else - involved.

My somewhat educated would be that no one is willing to pay for a "true Verizon" HCGL circuit anymore...haven't installed one of those in a very long time.

(Sandy Denny)
I have a customer who has had a Verizon T1 and channel bank for many years. About a year ago Verizon on their own changed everything out with a new circuit and a new Adtran channel bank.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
I think that we have the same scenario with circuit IDs. If an order is placed by the end user, Verizon uses HCGL. If an alternate provider placed the order, HCGS is used.

I Love FEATURE 00
Originally Posted by hbiss
I have a customer who has had a Verizon T1 and channel bank for many years. About a year ago Verizon on their own changed everything out with a new circuit and a new Adtran channel bank.

-Hal

You're not referring to one of those "shark" things, are you?

(Sandy Denny)
The circuit in question starts with 88HNNC. There is no Verizon equipment on the premises other than the smart jack.
The Panasonic owned by the customer is a Rev. 4 which can handle T1 but not PRI.

Originally Posted by andyphones
The circuit in question starts with 88HNNC. There is no Verizon equipment on the premises other than the smart jack.

That's a Verizon Core circuit. A pretty rare bird in my neck of the woods. It's been years since I've touched one of those.

There *should* be some CPE-related service agreement available with that type of a circuit...in regards to what the LEC must provide and so forth and so on...

Good luck.

(Sandy Denny)
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Topics
SV9100 Yesterday's technology today...
by Carl Navarro - 09/19/24 08:29 AM
Vertical Summit transfer issue
by ljclives - 09/18/24 09:48 AM
Retired and ?
by John807 - 09/17/24 01:03 PM
Need hard reset of TD308
by Alan_G - 09/16/24 12:03 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,396
Posts639,312
Members49,805
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Newest Members
LukeE., BurleyTech, Kobusvant, irjeffb, ALEXKINGTHESUN
49,804 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
dexman 9
Seth W 8
teleco 6
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 168 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998 - 2024