Discount software from Direct Deals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Jon, your questions are quite legitimate and help us to stay up to date. If you can't break intercom dial tone, then my guess is that is your problem. The voice mail can't break dial tone either. That's a sign of a failed DTMF receiver, or all of them. Did you check your bad cards to see if any of them had daugther boards on them that may have been left in place?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You probably need to adjust the SMDI Dial timer in the Ctrl-C "diagnostic" N screen

Ah here it is,
the SMDI dial timer should be set to 006

If the RS232 link isn't working, a call ringing a VMS port will still get answered with only the default greeting on the port. For example, if someone transfers a caller directly to another user's voicemail (TR + 77 + ext), the caller would only hear the default system greeting. In the IDS B screen you can look in the Ports area - the I/O port connected to VX2 (port 1 or 2) should be Computer Port=Y type=99. If not, try setting the port as such. If already set, make sure you look at SMDI dial timer as Avidcomm suggests. Did you verify that VMS & VMI are still shown on IDS main menu?
Mike

I had my operator transfer me to my voicemail and it worked. I tried changing the timing. It was set to 080. I went from 006 all the way to 500, and each time it still drops the calls when trying to transfer from the VMS out.

My main menu options read:

VMS CVM VMI ANI 324 AACD500 CID RLS TIME DLG

My port type 99 reads:

[P]ort 01 Installd Y
Speed = 4800 Protocol = NONE
Printer 0 Computer Port Y Type 099
SMDR N Incom N Local N Long Dist N
ACD SMDR N Incom N Outg N Remote N

Still looking....

-Jon
(You guys are great! Thanks...)

Jon Bivin - Engineering
Three Angels Broadcasting Network
OK - so you're using RS232 and it works inbound. Two things: it could be that the transmit pin from VX2 to IDS is not functioning. I would first move the RS232 to the other IDS I/O port - "move" port entries in B screen from port 1 to 2 (or 2 to 1) then move the physical cable.
The CNTRL C N screen SMDI Dial setting should be 006 - that is the only correct entry.
Beyond that - if you can bridge in a laptop or terminal and verify that serial traffic is flowing both directions.
All of this assumes that no other major changes have been made in the settings of either system - there are many field changes that could cause this result...
Mike

Can only ports 1 or 2 be used? Aren't there 4 ports on the breakout? (I think port 2 got damaged in one of our other storms!) Is 4800 baud correct?

Thanks..... AGAIN!

-Jon

Jon Bivin - Engineering
Only 1 or 2 can be used. 3 & 4 are RS422 ports. 4800 baud is correct.
Mike

Sigh.... OK... then where do the RS-232 ports actually terminate inside the main box? Are they part of the Main processor board? Or are they on a separate card? Are there any interface components inside the breakout box? Or is it just a wire to wire interface?

Sorry so many questions, but the management is heating up...

Thanks,
-Jon

Jon Bivin - Engineering
I don't remember if they're a part of CPU or VCM - either way they are not accessible other than at the frame - don't even try! You may want to make certain that the cable is snug. On the frame it's easy. There may also be a "Transient Surge Supressor" between the frame and backplane - you can take that out of the loop and just mate the two cables together. Then the cable connects to the backplane in the small space between the CPU and right side of cabinet - you'd have to shut system down and pull CPU to really access.

You can also undo RS-232 - probably more involved than I want to try and do via message board...

If speedy recovery is important - find a local vendor who knows your system. I don't know where Marion is located, however I know there used to be a strong one in Chicago. Many of the Executone dealers joined the Ideacom group (www.ideacom.org) - you may find someone there to help.
Mike

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Topics
Vertical Summit transfer issue
by ljclives - 09/18/24 09:48 AM
Retired and ?
by John807 - 09/17/24 01:03 PM
Need hard reset of TD308
by Alan_G - 09/16/24 12:03 PM
DB Programming Software for 8.235
by LukeE. - 09/10/24 07:36 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,395
Posts639,309
Members49,804
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Newest Members
LukeE., BurleyTech, Kobusvant, irjeffb, ALEXKINGTHESUN
49,804 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
dexman 9
Seth W 8
teleco 6
pvj 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (Yoda), 307 guests, and 435 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998 - 2024