Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
loched Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks pvj, but can you tell me on my picture, which punch down is for the paging system? The wires on the back of the block are just blue and white.
32 not working isn't going to be too bad as the programming hasn't changed on the EZ-1, and I don't need it to be any different. Curious tho, there is no ext32 jack on the ksu. Along the bottom are just the co jacks on the left and one co jack on the right side.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
I can't see the punchdown block good enough to tell you.But there should be a 25 pair amphenol cable from the ksu motherboard right?The external paging is the last pair which should be Violet/Slate Slate/Violet like I said.

I'm sure there is a port to plug in to extension 32 on the ksu is it on the side?Its been a while since I have had to play with a 36.

If ext 32 doesn't work, the program switch might be in the program position.

Marv CCNA, CTUB
TeleMarv Services (Retired)
Providing telecommunication solutions in Ottawa Canada since 1990
loched Offline OP
OP Offline
telemarv, you were right on. The switch prevented 32 to work. I now have 31-38 hooked up and getting tone from the ksu. Thanks.
pvj, here's the back of my punch down block https://hankloch.com/images/back%20of%20punch%20down%20block.jpg
and a close up https://hankloch.com/images/close%20up%20of%20amphenol.jpg
From the left, its the third connector the EZ-1 connects to. As you can see, the wires are all blue or white! In this pic https://hankloch.com/images/close%20up%20of%20lower%20block.jpg
the last two with the jumpers in the lower left corner of the block I think are the ones you said were the paging connections, is that right? They were the last two wires on the top of the amphenol. I also need the connections for the ringer. Where do i punch down for the ringer? The one I have at the new location is a Bogen NR100. It has a tel ring terminal that's marked T and R (for tip and ring?) Can you guys help with this? Thanks.

pvj Offline
You can have ring over page,just set it up in programming.The Bogen ringer you have sounds to me like it would connect directly to a co line.
You have a mdf panel not a regular punch down block.The page output should be on the same amphenol that ext.31 pins from just at the other end of it,last pair.

loched Offline OP
OP Offline
pvj,
Can you tell me the difference between my mdf and a regular punch down block? Would I be better off getting a punch down block?
The Bogen also has a contact ring with terminals marked A and B, which I am told is what was connected before to ring the phones. When I punch down the last pair and hook it up to this terminal, the horn stays on the moment I connect the line.
My programming manual has Table SA11 external paging with CO ringing-the only reference to co ringing, and its set to ring all my CO's. Why does the horn stay on when the CO is not even ringing?

pvj Offline
By a regular punch down block I mean the Amphenol that attaches to the ksu motherboard would usually terminate on a 66 block or in Canada a Bix.You can certainly use what you have I'm not sure who made it.I thought I had a 36 cabinet around here but I don't.

The horn starts ringing because you are hooking it up to the last pair which is an audio output pair.Connecting it to your A and B terminals and they see the "short" and the horn sounds.
Do you have any analog cards in the system?Or a relay card I believe was also available its been a long time with the System 36.Maybe if you can take and post a picture of the ksu and I can see what cards you have installed.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
The Executone MDF panel was custom-made by Siemon Company for use with Executone systems. There's nothing particularly fancy about them; just a more convenient way to use double-ended cables for the installation. Electrically, all pairs from the 25 pair cables land directly on the clips of the 66 block. You can use either their MDF panel or a traditional block and still accomplish the same thing.

As for the "all pairs are white and blue" question, it really doesn't matter. This was a factory assembly and as long as the input and output was the same, there was really no significance to the wire colors.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
loched Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks guys, I'll post a pic of the ksu by Friday. pvj, if the last pair is an sudio pair, maybe I can connect it to the Amp input or the BGM source terminals on the Bogen NR100. The EZ-1 has an input for a radio or some other music source and is switched by *1 on any phone. Will that ring the phones too?

loched Offline OP
OP Offline
Finally completed the hardware install today. Thanks again for all your help pvj, RCA, telemarv, ev607797. Pic of KSu is at https://hankloch.com/images/img_2002.jpg
Just one last question. Can the ring tone be changed?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,423 Shoretel
189,184 CTX100 install
187,432 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 99 guests, and 439 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024