web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline
OK. . . . . I couldn't find it on the site you provided but I did an internet research on the Model Number (77961053) Here are some of the specs on it - Now What?

Framing Format D4, ESF, AT&T 54016,ANSI T1.403

Line Rate T-1

Line Coding Format AMI,B8ZS

It is working with AT&T - but not with Bell South because I provided them with D4 SF AMI information as my vendor told me it was.

Now it's looking like maybe I gave them the wrong inoformation???

Thanks!!!!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

It can't be both..It's just telling you what it can be. D4 or ESF, AMI or B8ZS. There should be an option table to tell you how to set it, or soft keys, than just look as to which way it is set. Still can't get them out to the site with a t-berd huh? Way back in the post JJ told you that your switch will work D4/AMI only, I'm not familiar with your switch, but I'm sure he is.

Retired phone dude
OP Offline
Hi JustBill!

Wellllllllll, I'm trying to be diplomatic until AT&T calls me with the framing format and line coding (hee hee). I asked the Representative if I could speak the the BS Tech, but she wants me to ask her any and all questions first; then if she can't answer them, SHE will ask the Tech - (because we are in a pre-install status, so she says). Sooooooo, I asked her if the BS Tech did testing with a T-Berd analyzer - I'm waiting for her response.

You see, you guys make me look like I really know what I'm talking about now. LOL! Thanks so much - I appreciate it more than you will ever know.

I realize that the Kentrox would be one or the other but I was hoping it would be the Model that only did the D4 AMI ;>(. I know I still have a 50-50 chance of being right.

Just to add to all this, I called AT&T to ask the frame formatting, etc. questions. I called the Customer Service main number. Menu after menu, options after options, I finally got a girl who said I needed Maintenance - she gave me the Maintenance number and then proceeded to transfer me. Menu after menu, option after option, I finally got a "person". She told me that I had the wrong department - she said she was in Collections. I verified the number and sure enough it was the number the girl told me would be Maintenance. I got a little "ugly" so she stayed with me until she connected me to another party. That party said I needed Trouble/Repair and she flipped me into another menu/option thingy. Again, menu after menu, option after option, I finally reached a lady who took the questions and said someone would be back to me in a couple of hours with the answer. It's already been five hours and still no call.

The time it took for me to complete the call and finally ask my question to the proper person: 45 MINUTES!!!!!!!

I might add that this is not just AT&T - seems like every number I call these days is the same way. Last Monday, I was on the phone for 1 hour and 10 minutes and finally reached the proper person to address my insurance question to. I can't take much more - LOL!

Thanks Bill - have a great day!

Having done this in the past, I can tell you after getting into the switch and pulling up your trunk group this takes all of 5 minutes, but like I said management is doing all this now. Don't want to offend anyone who's management so I'll keep the rest to myself. How's it go, those that can do, those who can't manage..or something like that.

Retired phone dude
Moderator-ESI - Executone
Moderator-ESI - Executone
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by clmiller:
Hi NotaMemberYet

I hope I answered your question . . . .thanks for asking. . . thanks for your help.
</font>

My Name is ' No Name Yet '

But, don't worry about that,

Let me ask you a different question, I had asked if You have 2 T-1 cards...

Check the ' F Screen ' and list here what the card Identifers are(they should be on the left hand side) like GS for Trunk card,STA for station card, SLI for single line card..I'm trying to remember what T-1 looks like...I think its Tl1andTl2????

The part where you're saying lines 1 to 8 are in/out...9 to 14 not used and the rest are DID...These would NOT be altogether on the SAME card unless ' MAYBE ' that card is a PRI card and even then the last channel would be the CONTROL channel...Hope You know what I'm talking about...email me if You want.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
OP Offline
LOL!! I'm so sorry about your name, No Name Yet - Not a Member Yet????? Where did that come from?? ;>(

OK, when I go to work tomorrow, I will look on the F screen and tell you what it says. I know there are SLI's listed but I can't remember what else.

I'm feeling a little humble tonight . . . . my son-in-law did his MIL (MOI) a favor and came in to check out the equipment for me. He works for another carrier (wireless). I was asking him questions last night when they came over to my house - he told me that he would come by and look everything over for me. Here is what he found.

First he looked at the AT&T T1 box on the wall and noted the lights and saw that it was programmed or configured as ESF and AMI which he said was a first for him - said he doesn't remember seeing a combo like that before. Then he checked SB T1 box and noted the lights set at SF AMI - He said all he thinks that now needs to be done is call BS and tell them to change their coding to the ESF framing format and then everything should work just fine. Makes sense. . .we'll see. ;>)

When you asked me if I had two T1 cards I really didn't know how to answer that. I picture a card to be what's in the cabinet and I know that we have 1 T1 card in there. I was looking at the original PO from Executone today and I noticed that they have listed a T1 kit (I am thinking that the T1 kit is the card in the slot in the cabinet and the Kentrox configured somehow as the interface). MAYBE??? I wasn't there for the first few weeks when the system was purchased but came in to the picture shortly thereafter. Of course, no one shared any of this information with me - then the head Engineer retired and there I was trying to steward the day to day problems - might say I did a pretty good job in spite of not knowing very much. ;>) Back in those days, we did have a maintenance contract for the first couple of years, but when the cost of that sky-rocketed to $11,000 a year, we decided not to renew and by that time, after watching the Vendor do his thing when he was called in, I became pretty savy.

Gosh, I seem to be rambling. . . . I better quit for now. If you still want to know what the F screen shows, I will be more than happy to tell you. I guess there are so many different ways to configure a PBX - I am amazed at how much I've learned through this thread.

Can't thank everyone enough . . .

IS bell south really offering you that much of a difference in service cost. For the trouble I would have stuck with AT&T. I have 8 T-1's through AT&T and our rates are great haven't been able to find anyone that could beat them. I wish you luck.

Joshua R. Flores
OP Offline
RexburgPhoneCenter,

I would have LOVED to have kept AT&T, believe me - none of this craziness would have had to happen.

However, I could not get ANYONE at AT&T to contact me - ohhhh, I finally found someone who talked to me one time and said he would get back to me - then I contacted him again when he didn't get back; once again he promised to get back with me but never did. AT&T's rates would have been just about the same as Bell South, but I couldn't get anyone to go forward with a contract. I tried. . . . . .believe me, I tried. When our contract expired, our rates went up an additional 27 cents a minute. New management at the time didn't realize the impact of having a contract expire - they just paid the high rates for about a year and a half until I said, ya know, we ought to do something about this. . . . why pay 3 times what you could be paying.

Now, in retrospec, I would have tried harder to get a response from AT&T. We used to have a great AT&T representative who was always there for us but when I contacted him he said AT&T had downsized so much that it would be hard to find me a rep; he was in an entirely different field himself. He finally furnished me the name of one, but as I said, it didn't go very far.

So, that's why I didn't stick with AT&T!! I should have be more aggressive, I guess, but on the other hand, I had Bell South calling me everyday, promising me the moon and the stars with no effort on our part as the Sales Rep said "All it will request is just a "flip of the switch" - HA!!!

rexburgphonecenter,
AT&T has gotten out of the residential market and is getting out of small business. They only want large contracts.
Bill

Retired phone dude
OP Offline
That's right justbill. . .

However, our phone bill (the AT&T part) is about $4-5K a month. I wonder how big you have to be . . . .;>).

I think we are classified as "small business" with them.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,385 Shoretel
189,098 CTX100 install
187,415 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (newtecky), 131 guests, and 384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024