Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#46058 09/02/04 03:42 PM
Is the problem on all ACD phones or any after
5 dacd05 means there are only 5 seats.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#46059 09/02/04 03:49 PM
JJ Offline
Rick, hit it on the nail!!

You have Dynamic ACD with 5 seat option.
This means you can only have 5 users in ACD.
If you have more users you need to get more seats.

Good Luck!!

If all else fails, use a BFH.
#46060 09/02/04 05:03 PM
OP Offline
There are only four seats in this group coverning 8 lines. It is a theater in Branson and the acd is for the ticket lines.
PVJ, yes, the stations do show up properly on the system status and the ACD agent realtime display. The call shows up and can be handled properly by watching the lights, they just don't get a ring. I thought that I would probably have to do the full default as you suggest just thought there might be someone has seen this problem. Thank you and please stand by for more questions as I am sure I will need to ask.

Kerry

#46061 09/03/04 02:09 AM
JJ Offline
Just remembered! Had same problem at a large customer with multiple lines and users.

Telco had changed lines from copperPOTS to go through there SLICK(Fiber Mux). It somehow dropped the ringing voltage down to low for switch to make phones ring, but you could see it on the "C" screen.

Flip-Flop line that is for ACD with another line that is not having trouble. You can also compare the voltages on the lines.

I bet it is a Telco issue, but it will be hard to prove.

Did custmoer change Telco vendors recently?

#46062 09/03/04 02:42 AM
pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
But if it was a telco problem then the switch wouldn't answer the call.Apparently it is answering right? And the ringing to the sets is generated by the switch.With the dva problem and the ringing issue problem there is something funky going on.Remember if you default the switch you won't lose the acd download so I think it's worth a shot.You have to eliminate something here either hardware or software.

#46063 09/03/04 02:52 AM
OP Offline
I am going to site today to gather info and a download and to scehdule a time I can default the switch. I will test ring voltage just in case, probably even set an acd line to direct ring to be sure. If the situation clears with the default I don't think that I would want to upload the database that is corrupt. Is there a way to print out the programming if I have to enter it by hand?

Kerry

#46064 09/03/04 10:43 AM
What firmware level is on this CPU and what is the phone type. I ran into this problem a long time ago with the phones poping when an ACD call was sent to them and it seemed to be a Bug in the Firmware. Also make sure the Phones are not on a DTMF card.Try setting up a new phone on a different card.

#46065 09/03/04 01:59 PM
JJ Offline
trico, I had thta problem with ACD agent phones. It was the firmware in the phone causing it to just pop instead of ringing. If you reset switch are phone it would work for next call, but would start poping again after that.

PVJ, the probem I had with Telco was that the lines going through there slick where not sending more than 52 volts for tring voltage. Switch would shoe it ringing in the "C" screen, but not ring the phone. Droped the ringing threshhold and phone would ring, but other lines started doing strange things. We found 1 card at slick that controled 4 lines that was bad, replaced and all was well.

#46066 09/06/04 09:47 AM
check the acd ring type in the s/w section of the switch.

#46067 09/08/04 04:33 AM
OP Offline
Sorry for the long post in advance.
Time to reiterate what the situation is and what I ‘ve done so far. This site was previously installed by another company several years back(97-98). It has a 108 cabinet running an acpu and DACD05. The previous show had used ACD for their ticket lines and ran until this spring in the theater. The theaters management to back operations of the theater this spring and called in a tech to set up their phone system and defaulted it and ran into difficulties being able to program the phone system and voice mail. The manager who is a friend of mine asked me to help them out of a bind. I have never worked on the IDS but had worked for years at a company that would work on an old system if we could get a manual. I got a hold of a manual and set up their system for their needs at the time(they only had one line for tickets until the ramped up for the season}. I added their new ticket lines and programed ACD last May. The ACD worked fine until a week ago last Tuesday when the ringing for ACD calls quit and the database was corrupted in the agent programming screen.

Now to update what I have done. First, the DVA issue was a red herring the manager had accidentally blanked the first message and that was the only one that I had checked, the DVA is working fine. Acd ring is the only problem, all other aspects of the ACD are working fine. Other outside lines ring thru fine both direct ring and transfer from voicemail and internal calls ring properly. I tested ring voltage on the ACD lines and the other lines and they are comparable. A default of ACD cleared the agent programming screen but did nothing for the ring problem. I changed the ring type just to see and it did not help. The phones used by the agents are Tapi-160 phones so I swapped an M32 and did it did nothing for the ring. All the agent phones are on the same station card so I tried exts on other cards and it still doesn't ring. I ve scheduled a time to do a complete default to clear any corruption in the system database. So here are a few questions?

Is there any way to get a print out of programming to assist in a reprogram?

On the firmware, could the phone have run for years on acd with out this issue having occurred before?

If this turns out to be a hardware issue is it the EVCM or the ACPU? I doubt that it is a station card as it has occurred on all three station cards.

Thanks for your continued help,

Kerry

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,390 Shoretel
189,115 CTX100 install
187,419 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 381 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024