Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hi everyone,

I got DSU II system with Comdial impact LCD phone. When someone call in and system pick it up, after a greeting, ask caller to press ext#, then the call transferred to that ext#. However, the caller cannot hear ring sound when system transfer to ext. In fact, that ext# phone do ring from outside, but caller not. Please help to figure out what is going on.
Thanks.

Leo

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Have your Telephone system tech set the voicemail transfer type for that extension to Blind Transfer.
Mark

Hi , I think on the DSU even if you do blind transfer the outside caller will not hear ring they will hear whatever you have on hold. The FXII/DXP are different but if my memory is right DSUII will just do hold music.

Jim Hoey
SST Communications
Long Island, NY

Jim Hoey

SST Communications
597 West Montauk Highway
Lindenhurst, New York 11757

631 956-0100

www.sstcom.com

Business telephone systems on Long Island and New York City like Comdial, Vertical, Avaya, Panasonic
If you set the transfer in Voicemail to blind tranfer the caller will hear the keyset ring when release by voicemail. We assume that the voicemail is a KEY VOICE model.

FTorres388
Calm seas do not make skilled sailors.
Jim, you made me check it here. Yes, you do get ringback tone from the DX80, I have it set to blind transfer and you get about 3 seconds of MOH then ringback tone until it is answered or VM picks up. Also making the same assumptions as FTorres.
Mark

Admin
Admin
You get ringback on DX80 and the late revs of DSUII but earlier did not. Had to have MOH to compensate for silence during transfer. DSUI did not.

[Linked Image]
oops. This is a DSU11 not a DX80, oh well.... RBF got it covered.

OP Offline
Hi,

Thanks for you all. I really do not know the status before I got this system. How do I change the setting to hear ring sound? Thanks.

Leo

You don't. That will require technician level programming. Contact your vendor. It would be to complicated to talk you through it on this forum. Someone with a thorouh understanding of the telephone and voicemail system database will be required.
Mark

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Try just hooking up a music source to the music input on the side of the cabinet. Then at least they should be hearing something, rather than just silence. That could maybe at least get you by until you can have a qualified technician look at it, as suggested.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,307
Posts638,895
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,988 Shoretel
190,167 CTX100 install
188,350 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 85 guests, and 36 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024