Business Phone Systems

Support Service-Disabled Veterans!
Discount software from Direct Deals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Since Verizon owns everything, it's a safe bet to believe that the original XO problem of the PRI "going down" several times a week is in Verizon's equipment.

In the 40 years that I have been in the telephone business I have learned:

1. If a DMS is in the Verizon circuit, chances are it is not optioned correctly.

2. If the circuit is going through a SLIC, chances are: a. the back-up batteries are causing the system to fail; b. the protectors are carbon AND gas; c. the "new" circuit module is optioned differently even though it is the same model number.

3. The "old" telephone tech just reset "something" and it worked for a month with no failures....

And Finally......

4. (This overheard as two Verizon techs were on a confrence bridge between two COs and forgot that I was still on the call) "Yep...the trouble is leaving here OK!!"

What you really need is an "older than 12" telephone tech that knows the difference between getting a ticket complete and actually "Fixing" the problem.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Friday's update: Spent a collective 2.5 hours on the phone with four people from Verizon and the customer in a conference call. They dropped us several times when adding parties. It looks like they were sending number and name information, but our switch lacks the software for name delivery. We don't know for sure, but it makes sense that the extra D channel information would be enough to knock down a call.

Now, the question is who made this mistake? Did the customer make the assumption that name and number was OK? Did Verizon make this assumption? All that I know is that we didn't make the mistake. We begged the customer to NOT switch to Verizon based upon years of experience in dealing with them. Somebody's on the hook for what will be thousands of dollars in overtime billing from us.

I always thought that when circuits transfer from one carrier to another, the new provider obtains an CSR to ensure that all details are covered. Looks like Verizon didn't do this.

I am concerned now because the customer has put the system back on Verizon's circuit after the bending-over backward that XO did to help them. I hope that they are just doing this to get through the weekend before they give the account back to XO permanently. It stinks that so many people, including those in upper-level management at Verizon had to waste so much time on such a simple oversight.

Bill, now you know a little bit more about PRI's. You can learn new things here without even trying!

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Glad to hear you got it fixed Ed.

All In One Communications
Mustang, OK
Oh, it's not fixed yet until the customer decides which carrier to use for local service. Since it took so much effort and a week of temporary forwarding to a cell phone, I doubt that Verizon is high-up on the list of contenders.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
That SHOULD HAVE been picked up rather quickly, and to boot CID with name is normally a billable feature on a PRI and not a cheep one at that. Your csr may want to check their Bill and see if they were being charged. WIth a little luck your csr will go back to XO

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
I used to work for a CLEC from 1999 to 2002 as a 5E tech. I would always hear horror stories like this one. After the Telecommunications bust I went back to installing phone systems and such. On several occasions I had to call ATT (SBC) to turn up PRI's going to my Tadiran PBX's. On two instances my D channel would never come up. First thing out of their mouth was "its your equipment"... Well as all of you know that doesn't sit well with a seasoned PBX tech you know.... I wasted a whole weekend and had to charge my customer about 48 hours of overtime for a D channel that was provisioned to another location instead of the place I was working. It took the whole weekend and 4 people from ATT on a conference call and calling in some "bigshot" to make a decision on what to do about the issue. Finally at 9:30pm on a sunday we got service. Now I dont know about you guys but I would take a CLEC over ATT, Sprint, and Verizon any day. When I was working for a CLEC, most of them were trying to re-invent the wheel and most CLEC's perished in a firey death... I think for the most part people running the show for them have learned from their mistakes and most the services they provide are top notch and stable. I love working with Time Warner here in Houston. They are probably the easiest company to work with when there is an issue at one of my customers sites. My company is a Channel partner for them, but we are also an ATT authorized rep. 9 times out of 10 we recommend Time Warner just due to the fact they are much easier to work with and there is no finger pointing.

Ed this sounds so familiar. I have a customer in Virginia Beach that is trying to switch carriers on 2 PRI's working as one group but with 2 D channels. The existing carrier has not had a failure in over 5 years. I also begged the customer not to switch, but bottom line prevails. The pretest was a disaster; the new carrier could not handle the 2 D channels. They also requested to change from 5ESS to NI2 to DMS100 and back to 5ESS and then once again to NI2. I had to shut them down and get the hotel back on the old carrier. Now back on the old circuit we have a new problem with garbled speech being heard on incoming calls. I have cleared this remotely by taking them down to 1 PRI. We may now have a bad board due to all the resets and power cycling during the pretest. THE CUSTOMER STILL WANTS TO MOVE TO THE NEW CARRIER. mad

Seems money talks.... Or cutting the corners to save a buck...

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Hey Larry does that hotel owners last name start with a "P"? laugh

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
This is one of the few times that the owner is not a "P". :shrug:

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Topics
SV9100 Yesterday's technology today...
by Carl Navarro - 09/19/24 08:29 AM
Vertical Summit transfer issue
by ljclives - 09/18/24 09:48 AM
Retired and ?
by John807 - 09/17/24 01:03 PM
Need hard reset of TD308
by Alan_G - 09/16/24 12:03 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,396
Posts639,312
Members49,805
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Newest Members
LukeE., BurleyTech, Kobusvant, irjeffb, ALEXKINGTHESUN
49,804 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
dexman 9
Seth W 8
teleco 6
pvj 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 215 guests, and 147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998 - 2024