Business Phone Systems

Support Service-Disabled Veterans!
Discount software from Direct Deals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I think breed is correct dms 100 switches have problems with alot of old pri cards or systems you switch it to a 5e switch and see what happens

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

In my last 10 - 12 years at Transmission Engineering @ Vz, the 5E had the fewest ISDN-PRI D channel troubles as compared to the DMS-100. Unfortunately the naming conventions used to describethe PRI D channel protocol are not uniform, to include CPE PBX switches.

5E National 1 & National 2 are not know as the same in DMS land. DMS did not support, as of in 2002, the 5E Custom ISDN D CH protocol.

The trouble should have been refered to Vz Tier Two Technical Support. Even though most PRI issues are switch troubles, the transport support folks get the call first.

Suggest that the Vz customer account manager, or at a minimum, the Vz RSB handling the PRI trouble contact TTS for help. As one poster reccomended, the use of a IDSN-PRI test set (TPI Model 95, etc-A plain old T-Berd will only test the transport, not the D channel) would go a long way in decoding the LEC switch ISDN protocol to see if it katched what ever equivalent the PBX is running.

The T1 techs from VZ that I had worked with used a t-bird to test for CLEC's that would test the T1. but had another version that could answer and place calls. When they are the provider they should do this for you.

Somebody has to prove their side beyond reproach.

Make them prove to you the incoming calls come in on channel 1, that they can answer, and hold up the connection. The ILEC' s techs can call their supervisor to get the tester to do it.

Then in the meantime, I would be trying to prove my side beyond reproach. You might even get your future ClEC to provide a tester.

I have been the Verizon field tech trying to prove my side. I had to use test equipment because I had no idea what the vendor had. It would have every setting to try, show the channel, and let you talk on it. I would feel pretty good when it would do all of this. I would then compare all my settings with what the Vendor had:
Ascend(in on channel 1, yours switch should be desend, out on channel 23,all channels turned up, rec digits the same. (because I was an outside guy I used to get this screwed up with the inside guys all the time. They would say I am sending 3......Mine would say Rec digit 3. Then I would make them say, I am stripping off 5 digits and sending you 3. OK.OK) B8ZS, ESF.

I am on the Vendor side now, trying to be beyond reproach, so I feel your pain.I came in on one of these that had had the switch changed out, and had the same trouble with the substitute switch, but they were progamming the same problem back in.Calls would mis-route or cut-off on incoming. Switch was on acsend because it wouldn't call out on desend. Telco had 4 channels turned down. Everybody got on same page, all was good.

It pays to make that field tech prove it to you.

Now on my side, I use the same substitute switch to test all PRI's. I have never even had to change a setting to get it to work to do most test, as long as the digits match. I have a block with a phone.

In my little world (NORSTAR) it has has it's own symtoms, that tell me all I need to know.
like, if my prime set for trunks is none, the Phone co. gives caller ATB. If prime set is the main phone, all calls will at least default to that phone.
We had a setting, business name, that to this day I don't fill in because it may lock up the switch and cause a reset.
I use mine to do all CKT test because I don't know all the brands.
I backed the phone company down with my switch several times, especially intermittent trouble. I keep this baby plugged in all the time. 5 minutes and 2 long cords.
Somebody has to bring up their end. I had the GTE high freaks,(T1 boys) tell me one time, not our T1/pri, and then I got to tell them back" well you guys have the maintenance contract" and I made them bring one out the switch. Intermittent for a year, then the telco PBX dept was on my side. It was finally fixed by building a new ckt. NO NO NO not just the pair, every part new.
I have even hauled their (cust) switch to a known good PRI, ( a church that gets special treatment)
and I could knock down. (I used to short the pair on this one just to see how many hits it would take to knock it down and how the switch would act.)
Another thing Vz was bad about. We would work an order, get everything working, and at some point in the future something would update and make it match the billing for instance. Then we would have to put things back. Most of this had to do with dates on the order. It had to do with their computor systems doing the order the way it was written, not the way it was working.
In their defense, it was usually easy to tell when they had something screwed up because more customers would have trouble too.
I do know this. Things can change, and no person does it, because the mistake was really made 40 days before. That when they are doing a manual cut so to speak, they set the update date to 2099 or some crap to keep the switch out of it.
This could even be some kind of crazy VZ routing issue(inbound is their baby, outbound is yours.) It could be using a different route coming from international.
SUBSTITUTION-there is no substitute.
Keep us posted. PS I'll mail you mine.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Topics
SV9100 Yesterday's technology today...
by Carl Navarro - 09/19/24 08:29 AM
Vertical Summit transfer issue
by ljclives - 09/18/24 09:48 AM
Retired and ?
by John807 - 09/17/24 01:03 PM
Need hard reset of TD308
by Alan_G - 09/16/24 12:03 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,397
Posts639,314
Members49,805
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Newest Members
LukeE., BurleyTech, Kobusvant, irjeffb, ALEXKINGTHESUN
49,804 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 16
Seth W 8
dexman 8
teleco 6
pvj 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (mbhydro), 264 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998 - 2024