web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sounds Ok , this is a great place to get help . I am not sure about 64 pin cables to a RJ PATCH Panel ?

Let It Be , I live in a Yellow Submarine . SCCE
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

SST Offline
The 64 pin amp to rj48 patch panel is in the accesories page of the adtran web page. This seems to be the simplest solution for and end user.

Ordering the SS7 signaling is okay if your switch is an SSP (signalling point). If memory serves me correctly, you need to be able to accept an A-link if connecting to an STP and if connecting to another SSP it would be an F-link. These are typicall 56k circuits that will need to break out of a channel bank, usually on v.35 connectors.

https://www.pt.com/tutorials/ss7/

SST Offline
dexman, I worked on the dex 400, 600, and 600e for several years, several years ago. I don't run in to too many people that have ever even heard of those switch's.

Does any of these company's sound familiar: Allnet, Frontier, GC?

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Hi again SST,

You got me! I stated out at Allnet in 1990, went through the mergers with Frontier and Global Crossing. Survived 2 rounds of layoffs so I guess they like me here. laugh

I Love FEATURE 00
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Hi Jason,

The T1 configuration is separate from the DS3 configuration. You can order a Muxed DS3 and request the T1s be optioned as ESF/B8ZS or D4/AMI.
The company you order the circuit from should be able to configure the T1s either way.

With SS7, you will need to obtain a DPC and order service from a provider.

I Love FEATURE 00
SST Offline
dexman, I worked with WCT in L.A. when the Allnet Frontier merger happened. Switch 16, we added the dms500 for local, and then built Anaheim with two 600e's and another dms500. We divided out techs in to maintenance and install. I was the install OTL. I got whacked in round 4. I still drop in to the switches every once and while to say Hi to Manny, Edwin and the rest of the crew. I worked with another small carrier for a short time but the carrier life is too demanding. So, I decided to go work back in the station world.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Hey SST,

Edwin & Manny are now working out of Anaheim.

I gave Edwin a call and he said, yeah, that's Stuart. He said that you probably remember me (Paul in Boston)? welcome

I said "hi" to Edwin for ya. He might be calling you! laugh

I Love FEATURE 00
SST Offline
Yea, I remember Paul in Boston. :toast: It's a small world, huh. I'm not sure if we ever crossed tracks in any training, though. I kinda' miss those days but not the hours or pressure. :bang: Working 24/7 then laid-off because of poor executive management! :scratch:

OP Offline
Dex/Sst,

What is a DCP? The service provider is able to send D4 AMI so you guys are right on! Also, what kind of service will I need to order and what apporximately is the cost? SO far, using the DS3 might not be saving me any money. frown Thanks again for all of your help!

-Jason
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Yup. It is a small world. cool

There hasn't been a whole lot of pressure here at the Boston switch. Even oncall duty has become more relaxed.

Hope you're doing well in the CPE sector. :thumb:

It can be just a competitive as it is on the supply side.

I Love FEATURE 00
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,406 Shoretel
189,166 CTX100 install
187,426 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 143 guests, and 435 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024